Recordings incomplete (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
For some time I have a strange problem with MP 1.2.3.

When recording from TV the recording is incomplete many times. The recording starts and stops as scheduled however the ts file is much to small and often only contains the first part of the movie.

Strange enough tv.log and tswriter.log show no problems at all. Even the times when the recording starts and stops are reported correcly in the logs and also the file timestamp of the ts-file carries the time of the scheduled end.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited:

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
You will need to post the logs. You haven't even said what type of TV signal you are using.

Wasn't aware that the info was not part of my systemspecs. Updated. Sorry for that.
Attached you find the tv log and the tswriter log.
Recording 1 Started at 31-12-2012 00:05 and Recording 2 at 31-12-2012 01:55.
Both recordings were 2 movies in sequence on the same channel (PRO 7 SD, DVB-C, Provider KDG).

Thanks'
grubi.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    More logs might help a developer work out what is failing.

@grubi - please post full (client and server, all logs, not selective) for this, in case there is additional information in them.

Thanks!

nu_81

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2009
    Rheinberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, here my logfiles with an example.
    Yesterday on 13. Jan I recorded a program "Promi Shopping Queen" (for my wife ;-) ) on Channel VOX on 08.12 PM.
    The hole time the Client shows a recording symbol, but the file includes only 45 minites instead of about 3 hours.
    My wife was very angry with me. ;-)
    In this case I recorded another movie contemporary. But it also happens sometimes when I record only one program.
    Sometimes the file include only 3 minutes, sometimes more, but I couldn't find a rule.
    The file is very small in these cases.

The issue begins for me, when I reinstall the HTPC with Win 7 and MePo 1.2.3 and in the same time I change an old Technotrend card with a new DVBSky Twin (DVB S2).

Yesterday I had another issue which I get also sometimes on the other movie which I recorded contemporary "The descendends" on Sky Cinema HD (also 08.12 PM).
    Here I can't start watching the movie from MePo. It only shows the seconds in a small upper window but no picture and sound.
    When I open the ts file with Media Player classic it also not starts immediataly. But when I skip some seconds than I can see the hole movie in Media Player classic.
    That does not work in MePo direct. Could someone please have a look to that issue too, or should I better open a new threat for that second issue?

Thank you in advance.

Ciao Nu

Attachments

• log_TVServer.zip
      3.3 MB
    • log_MePo.zip
      694.8 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I notice that both of you are using MP 1.2.3.

So much has been fixed in 1.3.0 so far, that I would honestly recommending updating to 1.3.0Beta. There isn't a hell of a lot wrong with it, and the release candidate should be coming soon.

Look at it this way, if 1.3.0Beta fixes it, great. If not, we know to look a little harder for the cause of the problem.

nu_81

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2009
    Rheinberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I will try.
    I hope that all other things would work perfect like it does now.
    I thought that it is always better to use a stable insteat of a beta.
    But I will try if you recommending it.
    I will report soon.
    Thanks and good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom