Recordings/LIVE TV: Audio goes out of sync after about 10 minutes (1 Viewer)

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all:

I'm a long time user of MP but only recently added the TVServer to my build as I was using BeyondTV for several years (everything was working and if it's not broke don't fix it). But I went the HDTV route with my new build, and since BTV doesn't support hardly anything these days, I purchased a Hauppauge HD-PVR 1212. So far everything is setup and working except for this one issue.

I've been searching these forums for a few days trying to find a solution on my own, but haven't been able to find anything that has solved my problem.

When I start a recording or Live TV (or while I'm watching something and recording) both the audio and video are sync correctly. Over time the audio gets further and further behind the video. About 10 minutes in and it's really noticeable.

I'm running the latest drivers for the HD-PVR, my Geforce GT 430, the latest LAV filters (using CUVID), and MP version 1.2.3. The HD-PVR is connected to my DirecTV H24 stb via component video and composite rca audio cables (I'm going to upgrade to digital audio as soon as my cables come in), and the HD-PVR is connected to my HTPC via a USB 2.0 cable. My HTPC is then connected via toslink to my DD surround receiver. The GT 430 connects to my HDTV via HDMI. I've got both recordings and timeshifting set to use a second hard drive. I've even increased the timeshifting settings just to see if that would help. This is a single tuner system btw.

I forgot to pull logs for MP last night and I'm at work right now. I was hoping someone knew of an obvious reason this would be happening. I will add logs to this thread when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
Well I had an old BeyondTV server that needed to go, so I just decided to do a complete re-install of Win7 and MP. All is well now, so an admin can feel free to delete this thread if they'd like.

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
Alright, I guess I spoke to soon. I've noticed that recordings over the last few days exhibit the same audio lag issue I was experiencing before. I did try the TSReader solution suggested above, but nothing changed.

I've attached logs so hopefully someone can spot an obvious issue.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
Yes I do. I tried to explain this as much as I could in my first post. I honestly don't see this as being a graphics card issue. This is happening during recording/live tv. If I export a recorded show to another computer the delay still happens which leads me to believe it's happening during recording/timeshifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom