[fixed] Recordings: No entries in "Database import" if recording directory is root (1 Viewer)

spassiger

Portal Member
February 21, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
re: Recordings: No entries in "Database import" if recording directory is root

The fact that the root drive causes problems is a windows OS legacy problem, MP cannot resolve this, its too deep rooted.

All that is needed is create a folder for recordings and timeshift if using that drive, really do not see this as such a big deal to solve issues caused.

Sorry if i sound harsh in any way, but the answer is so simple.
The partition on which my recordings are placed (J:\) is not my OS partition (C:\). I don't know if you mean the restricted access rights that are implemented by Windows for its own main drive. Apart from that, I think there are two solutions:
a) Fix the bug and find recording XML files on the root level
b) Show a warning message if somebody tries to change the recordings folder to a root level directory

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

The fact that the root drive causes problems is a windows OS legacy problem, MP cannot resolve this, its too deep rooted.

All that is needed is create a folder for recordings and timeshift if using that drive, really do not see this as such a big deal to solve issues caused.

Sorry if i sound harsh in any way, but the answer is so simple.
The partition on which my recordings are placed (J:\) is not my OS partition (C:\). I don't know if you mean the restricted access rights that are implemented by Windows for its own main drive. Apart from that, I think there are two solutions:
a) Fix the bug and find recording XML files on the root level
b) Show a warning message if somebody tries to change the recordings folder to a root level directory

Mantis bug is already added, see a few posts back. If the developers have any valid complaints i will report back to you.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

already fixed in svn.

:D for reporting.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom