Red bar in 'Test Channels' screen (TV Server Config) (2 Viewers)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the 'Test Channels' screen in TV configuration, I have noticed that a red bar appears and disapears in the section of screen that lists the cards you have installed.

What does the red bar mean?

This thread is similar, but I cannot seem to decipher from the thread what is causing the red bar..

Thanks

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    According to the code, the red means the card is not in use but has more than one subchannel. If you're seeing constant red highlighting then it might indicate an error condition... BUT they are normally shown while a card is tuning, so it is NOT always indicative of an error.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I think (concluded that from your link) it means something is wrong with the tvcard: Tvserver can't communicate with it.
    Don't ask what, because I don't know, but apparently it went away after fitting the card in a different slot

Edit:typed too slow, mm: you've beaten me :)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks both.

The red bar seems to flash and move between the 'two' tuners (I have a twin-tuner TBS6280 card) that MP sees. I will try and post a screenshot.

How do I go about fixing this issue (if indeed it is an issue). I have only one suitable slot (I think..)

It may or may not be linked to the above but of late MP has been freezing solidly, perhaps 50% of the time when I resume from sleep, go to the TV guide and then choose a channel - it just sits there forever. I enabled logging last night so i'm sure by the time i get home from work it will have frozen - ill upload logs too.

Thanks again

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    The red bar seems to flash and move between the 'two' tuners (I have a twin-tuner TBS6280 card) that MP sees. I will try and post a screenshot.
    No need to post a screenshot - I know what you're describing. During tuning (ie. when TV Server is starting timeshifting, starting recording or starting the EPG grabber) this is normal behaviour.

How do I go about fixing this issue (if indeed it is an issue). I have only one suitable slot (I think..)
    The red bars flashing is NOT an issue in itself - it is normal behaviour. Unless there is something else going on that you haven't told us about then there is absolutely no need for concern and nothing needs to be fixed.

It may or may not be linked to the above but of late MP has been freezing solidly, perhaps 50% of the time when I resume from sleep, go to the TV guide and then choose a channel - it just sits there forever. I enabled logging last night so i'm sure by the time i get home from work it will have frozen - ill upload logs too.
    I await your log files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    B Ceton infinitv channel are red not green after initial setup General 1
    J DVB-S2 card fails to tune? Subchannel count increasing Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 3
    framug RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing 1.21 256
    cerberus WD100EFAX 10TB WD Red im HTPC Festplatten/NAS/DVD/Blu-Ray 0
    T TOP BAR disappears in MP 1.24 pre!! (also in 1.23) General Support 31
    Rob Hexenmeister Erratic volume bars and development ideas General Support 17
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.25 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    high attachment test Testforum 0
    azzuro [News] MediaPortal 1.24 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    HTPCSourcer [Finished] Nereus: Test results #1 MediaPortal 2 196
    ajs [solved] MP1.23 Temporary Bugfixes - Test General Support 8
    morpheus_xx Test builds of MP2.3 WiP, x64, Nereus and more... MediaPortal 2 44
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.23 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 6
    O [News] MediaPortal 1.22 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 2
    E [solved] No Live TV in MP2.2 Client - Can TEST Successfully in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" utility General 8
    morpheus_xx General Testing TVE 3.5 Sat>IP support (MP2 only) TV Engine 47
    O [News] MediaPortal 1.21 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 6
    D [solved] Initital testing with second client - cannot play recorded TV General 33
    O Core Testing of the new TsWriter.ax TV Engine 77
    ge2301 MP 2.2 Release - Testing Archive 86
    high [News] MediaPortal 1.20 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 10