Red bar in 'Test Channels' screen (TV Server Config) (1 Viewer)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the 'Test Channels' screen in TV configuration, I have noticed that a red bar appears and disapears in the section of screen that lists the cards you have installed.

What does the red bar mean?

This thread is similar, but I cannot seem to decipher from the thread what is causing the red bar..

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    According to the code, the red means the card is not in use but has more than one subchannel. If you're seeing constant red highlighting then it might indicate an error condition... BUT they are normally shown while a card is tuning, so it is NOT always indicative of an error.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think (concluded that from your link) it means something is wrong with the tvcard: Tvserver can't communicate with it.
    Don't ask what, because I don't know, but apparently it went away after fitting the card in a different slot

Edit:typed too slow, mm: you've beaten me :)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks both.

The red bar seems to flash and move between the 'two' tuners (I have a twin-tuner TBS6280 card) that MP sees. I will try and post a screenshot.

How do I go about fixing this issue (if indeed it is an issue). I have only one suitable slot (I think..)

It may or may not be linked to the above but of late MP has been freezing solidly, perhaps 50% of the time when I resume from sleep, go to the TV guide and then choose a channel - it just sits there forever. I enabled logging last night so i'm sure by the time i get home from work it will have frozen - ill upload logs too.

Thanks again

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The red bar seems to flash and move between the 'two' tuners (I have a twin-tuner TBS6280 card) that MP sees. I will try and post a screenshot.
    No need to post a screenshot - I know what you're describing. During tuning (ie. when TV Server is starting timeshifting, starting recording or starting the EPG grabber) this is normal behaviour.

How do I go about fixing this issue (if indeed it is an issue). I have only one suitable slot (I think..)
    The red bars flashing is NOT an issue in itself - it is normal behaviour. Unless there is something else going on that you haven't told us about then there is absolutely no need for concern and nothing needs to be fixed.

It may or may not be linked to the above but of late MP has been freezing solidly, perhaps 50% of the time when I resume from sleep, go to the TV guide and then choose a channel - it just sits there forever. I enabled logging last night so i'm sure by the time i get home from work it will have frozen - ill upload logs too.
    I await your log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom