Reflexion skin (Alpha release screenshots 24.02.2012) (2 Viewers)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Reflexion skin (WiP, new screenshots 18.01.2012)

Brilliant looking skin. The only bug bear I have is that when people design the moving pictures screen and use logos for the categories etc, they always miss off the logo for the MPAA rating. If you do this by default, you'll have my vote as this skin looks amazing.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Reflexion skin (WiP, new screenshots 18.01.2012)

the new skin is really awesome... that should be the new default skin?!
    But as always I have one point which I don't like so much... the EPG, it looks too flat, the sections are to close together... I really like the Black Glass Nova HD EPG, maybe you can get some inspiration from there... I would add more glass and 3D look to teh current Refelxion EPG, any opinions?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

:D for feedback
    Brilliant looking skin. The only bug bear I have is that when people design the moving pictures screen and use logos for the categories etc, they always miss off the logo for the MPAA rating. If you do this by default, you'll have my vote as this skin looks amazing.
    Thank you for the input. This will become a topic when MovingPictures plugin will be ported to MP2. Unfortunately I don't know that such work has been started yet.

the new skin is really awesome... that should be the new default skin?!
    But as always I have one point which I don't like so much... the EPG, it looks too flat, the sections are to close together... I really like the Black Glass Nova HD EPG, maybe you can get some inspiration from there... I would add more glass and 3D look to teh current Refelxion EPG, any opinions?

Yes the TvGuide is not the best... I will put some more work into this soon. But also remember, SlimTV plugin will not be directly integrated into Alpha, but be available as separate plugin at the same time.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes the TvGuide is not the best... I will put some more work into this soon. But also remember, SlimTV plugin will not be directly integrated into Alpha, but be available as separate plugin at the same time.
    Yeah I know, but Tv is the most important part of MP, so I thought it would be a good suggestion :) And you put so much work into all that stuff so I think the EPG should look nice too :p

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Reflexion skin (WiP, new screenshots 19.01.2012)

Ok, there is the daily update :D

I've attached screenshots of TV guide and also brand new weather screen. Seems like we are slowly getting a first alpha-candidate ;)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Reflexion skin (WiP, new screenshots 19.01.2012)

Shame this won't work on MP 1.2.x............ it would be my default skin now its that good :D

furnibird

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Sydney

Hi
    Please PM any ideas or thoughts on what you would like done graphic wise. I have done some work on home page this weekend i am sure morpheus will like them and post screenshots asap.
    :D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Eagerly awaiting new screenshots.... :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Great design for >50" widescreen. But I consider the font is too small overall for smaller displays. First time viewers will spend more time locating pertinent information. It will be easier only after repeated use and memorization.

I have a second issue with the font selection. I have a huge aversion to all cap fonts unless for special purpose headings; the text field just becomes overcrowded and difficult to read, especially in body text (Text boxes and lists) If nothing else, you need fewer text elements stacked together and greater spacing around lines of text.

When I was designing visual aids (slide shows of scientific data) for the scientific community (symposiums and such), my rule of thumb was to design using a 4" X 5" index card, hand printed, to be viewed at arms length for 20 seconds. If you couldn't follow all the information in that time, you had to break it up into more cards.

Just a thought.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom