blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I just had a MePo and TV-Server crash with your build. And since that isn't an official build I thought I post the logs here, maybe someone is so kind and takes a look into it.

It is a brand new Setup with Win 8.1 64bit, Digitaldevices Cine S2 Rad rev. 6.5 with current drivers an an AMD A10 6700. The system is 24h prime small place ffts and blend stable.

I was testing it for stability with recording 2 streams and watching one of the recordings - when I came back the fullscreen playback was gone and I was in the GUI.
    After I pressed "ESC" there was no reaction for a couple of seconds and then a windows exception dialog popped up. After closing MePo and restarting it the program was waiting for TV-Service which had crashed and did not restart.

logs:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

I was testing it for stability with recording 2 streams and watching one of the recordings

The "watching one of the recordings" means you watched same channel in live TV or you watched the recording from the Recorded TV?

can you export all logs with the watchdog used the Export all current present logs? Because I need the chrash report from windows event log.

Thx.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wacthed the recording from beginning.

Will post all logs after work. thx

I re-tested it last night and again the fullscreen video was gone and I was at the recordings gui which indicated that recording were still "On" but after I pressed "back" nothing happened for 2-3s and the the PC rebootet - mhh strange, PC is otherwise rock solid

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thanks for the reporting. I can reproduce your issue. Please test the attached TvPlugin.dll and report if there is any issue.

Attachments

• TvPlugin.zip
      187.1 KB

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ahh ok. Very good, that was simultanious posting :)

Will test ist overnight and report tomorrow.

How long did you have to run the test until you did get an error? Did your PC reboot or did only MePo crash?[DOUBLEPOST=1390213582][/DOUBLEPOST]ok np. Perfect

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    How long did you have to run the test until you did get an error? Did your PC reboot or did only MePo crash?

The issue cames from using of the TimeShiftGetCurrentFilePosition method when there was not timeshifting. It could occure when the user started watching the Recorded TV and pressed ESC at twice to return the TvHome.
    It was not time releated.

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello regeszter,
    Today I had a crash of MEPO.
    My wife was watching a recording, stopped it with the remote for a few minutes.
    When she came back after about 20 minutes (14:15), the TV-Service was crashed.

Is it the same issue on TimeShiftGetCurrentFilePosition method?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

unfortunately your mediaportal.log is "empty" and I can not reproduce your issue. Did you replaced my new tvplugin.dll? Can you confirm if I tested it with right order?

1. Go to my tv
    2. Go to recorded tv
    3. Start watching a recorded tv
    4. Stop it.
    5. Start again.
    Was it the right order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom