Regular stutter - video/audio, occasional waits on channel switching, random channel scambled error (1 Viewer)

nickjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I've been a MP user for some years now and have migrated through homes and systems, which my wife and kids have put up with.

However, even with new Server PC and new client, I am still getting a set of errors that has made my wife run out of patience, so any help is gratefully grabbed.

I run an ethernet wired network round the house, 1G, streaming videos etc internally runs without a hitch, even full HD.

But with MPE, where I have a dedicated TV Server to the clients I have continued regular but seemingly frequent - every few 10's of seconds, random pixelation, bands across the screen, video or audio pauses, long, sometimes upto 15 seconds when changing channels, even long delays on opening the TV screen fro the home page itself, I also now get randon´m channel scambled' errors on selecting channels, even FTA ones. Stop start the service issue goes away for a while.

These errors are less noticable if I select 'do not drop discontinued packets' in the client configurations.

The server does not have AV, and windows defender is set of exclude all the timeshift, recording and TV server directories, the clients have Norton, with the same exclusions, I have tested with all systems having security disabled - no change.

The server has ImDisk running with a 6 GB RAM disk for the timeshift location with the recorder folder on the HDD itself, which is a hybrid SSD/HDD.

All firewalls are disabled on all machines.

The server only runs TV Server, it has a PCI DD Cine S2 with Flex CI installed - on the 2nd identical machine I have performance is outstanding.

I have had the satellite installer come and check the cables, reception is near or on 100% for all canal digital channels at the cable end.

The CI module is one is purchased many years ago with the original floppy DTV I used attached by firewire.

The clients all run full HD videos without any issue, overheating or CPU etc stress and when running live TV.

I zipped all the logs from the log directories.

nemptvsvrlogs listed as TV Server
    necltlogs - specs listed as TV Room
    nempclntgymtv - specs listed as Gym TV

Any guidance/ideas pls, I have been through the troubleshooting guides, these are clean installations with no changes, except to activate DXVA or Intel QuickSync Video acceleration ?

Thanks,
    nick

Attachments

• nempclntgymtv.zip
      264.1 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Nick

There are continuity errors in the server's TsWriter log. That means the problem is server side.

I assume the H: drive you're using for timeshifting has plenty of free space?
    The H: drive is not a USB drive is it?
    What happens if you remove the CAM (or even disconnect the CI completely) - do your FTA channels work okay?
    Have you done a DPC latency check?

mm

nickjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the fast response.

I suspected that but somewhat out of ideas on fixing it.

H is the RAM disk, 16 GB ram in total, 6 GB RAM via Imdisk is H, no files there except for the timeshift files when created by mp.
    DPC latency tool says avg is 61 us, with a peak of 124 us - over the last 15 minutes, pretty consistently.
    Running it whilst playing Live TV, peak still only 159 us.
    But.....wonders, with the CAM sitting in my hand the channel is completely clear of any issues.

Time to buy a new CAM ?

Thanks,
    nick[DOUBLEPOST=1406820461][/DOUBLEPOST]Having now plugged the CAM in, it was unplugged for about 15 minutes, the channels all seem clear of disturbance ?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Yes, it may be time to look at getting a new CAM. The issue might be with specific channels and the transponder bandwidth being too high for the CAM to cope... or something silly like that. CAMs can be tricky critters.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom