Release plans for Beta 2 (0.2) (2 Viewers)

samedney

Portal Member
November 9, 2004
Oxford, UK
I think this might affect all three areas of this discussion.

How about the option of an external database server?

I use MP on 3 machines in my house, and with the upcoming event of having streaming video - it would mean all my settings and file information could be centrally stored on the new 'video server' machine.

This could be a MySQL server - running on Windows, so that MP could also be running on the same machine.

This would improve the speed of MP on client machines, as the DB server would be doing much of the data-work, and it would also mean that my DVD and Music libraries would be available from anywhere in the house... without the need for additional setup.

Program.X

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Ramsey, Isle of Man
But a well written data portal layer will allow any database. While MySQL is good enough, I already have an established MS Sql Server that I would prefer to use.

Its only a different connection string to the end user which can be hidden behind a drop down box....

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
will channel name mapping be addressed in this new build? also, what about compression? i seem to be having a great deal of trouble compressing videos, so i have turned to divx to compress outside of MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom