remember last series/season - after reboot not working (1 Viewer)

big_pu_666

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hello

When I for the first time (after turning htpc on) go to mp-tv series plugin, it starts from root (not from last series i watched, like it does if i after watching one episode listen to some music or watch tv and than go back to mp-tv series plugin).
Is that a bug or that feature doesn't exist ?

Thanks

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can force plugin to always open in a 'view' via basichome MediaPortal button parameters (hyperlink), some skins such as StreamedMP allow you to edit this easy via their basichome editor, or you can edit the XML files in notepad.

Perhaps you are experiencing this behaviour?

big_pu_666

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    normaly i use amped skin, and now i tried with default skin - same thing.
    now i did some checks again and all i found is that in mp config - gui - option: "allow remember last focused item on supported window/skin" is checked.

i don't understand what you mean by "basichome MediaPortal button parameters (hyperlink)" ?
    and if i have to edit xml file, could you tell me which one exactly ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Inside basichome.xml I use:

[collapse]
    <control Style="NoShadow">
    <description>TV Series</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>212</id>
    <posX>520</posX>
    <posY>300</posY>
    <width>230</width>
    <height>275</height>
    <textureFocus>hover_my tv series.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>hover_my tv series.png</textureNoFocus>
    <hyperlink>9811</hyperlink>
    <hyperlinkParameter>CUSTOM_VIEW</hyperlinkParameter>
    <label>TV Series</label>
    <font>font16</font>
    <textalign>center</textalign>
    <textYOff>-140</textYOff>
    <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
    <textcolorNoFocus>00000000</textcolorNoFocus>
    <onleft>4</onleft>
    <onright>6</onright>
    <onup>21</onup>
    <ondown>99</ondown>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="120,120" time="100">focus</animation>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="120,120" end="100,100" time="50">unfocus</animation>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="20,20" end="100,100" center="640,360" time="70">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="1,1" center="640,360" time="70">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>
    [/collapse]

Which always opens CUSTOM_VIEW for me whenever I open MP-TVSeries. This is done, incase the last thing I did was be inside a PIN protected view and the PIN expired. So instead of popping up message asking for PIN, it always opens one of my unprotected views.

Or maybe you are just experiencing something else that I have not seen myself, in which case you'll have to wait till somebody who knows about that problem reads this thread.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TVSeries remembers last view / selection e.g. if you select a series and exit/re-enter you will re-appear on selected series.

If you want it to remember when resuming from standby or shutdown then you need to enter MediaPortal configuration -> General - > Startup / Resume Setttings and Enable 'Show Last Active module when starting/resuming from standby'. This will only work if you exit mediaportal whilst tvseries window is active.

big_pu_666

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    so i'll presume it's a feature - no need for bugfixing. although it should be made like in all other plugins.
    and mp-conf "solution" is not good way because i will not go to tv-series just to shut it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom