Remote control lag (1 Viewer)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
July 22, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have the latest version of MP1. I use a Harmony 650 Remote control. The Harmony firmware in the remote is set to 0ms for the response time when putting out commands.

I find for example when pressing the down arrow several times to go through a menu it seems to lag like MP cant keep up with the incoming remote commands. Is there a setting somewhere that can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Are you sure that:
    1. The batteries in the remote are okay.
    2. The remote receiver performance is not being affected by interference.
    Regards,
    mm

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the latest version of MP1. I use a Harmony 650 Remote control. The Harmony firmware in the remote is set to 0ms for the response time when putting out commands. I find for example when pressing the down arrow several times to go through a menu it seems to lag like MP cant keep up with the incoming remote commands. Is there a setting somewhere that can fix this?
    I have never used a Harmony remote, so I cannot comment from personal experience. But this is an issue that is raised from time to time with respect to Windows Media Center (see various posts in www.TheGreenButton.tv). This rather suggests that the slow response is a characteristic of the Harmony remotes, and not caused by the media-center software used.

If your Harmony has worked satisfactorily with earlier versions of MP, but does not work satisfactorily with the latest version of MP, then it is probably MP that is the culprit.

If this is the first time that you have used your Harmony with MP, the problem is probably the Harmony. I would suggest borrowing or buying a One-For-All universal remote. Most have the MCE codes built-in (these are the codes that you use with MP). If the One-For-All works more quickly than the Harmony, you will know where the fault lies!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Harmony remotes work well in connection with MP, I am using one myself since eternities and cannot confirm the problems described above.

However, 0ms for response time is too short - regardless of using MP or not. Actually any standard setting of a Harmony will use different timings.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi guys,
    Thank you so much for the advice. It worked well with version 1.9mp but not so well with latest. In saying that I think there was an update to harmony software. 3ms used to be the min you could change to. Now 0ms is. I used to gave on 3ms.i will change back from 0 to 3 and see if it gets better.

Thanks again ☺

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which receiver are you using? Which remote Input Handler did you select in MP configuration? HID or Microsoft MCE?
    We recommend using HID, hoppefully that's not the one causing problems :)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi,

It is the Harmony 650 remote and it has Windows Media Centre remote selected in MP. I am going to try new batteries and see how I go. I just moved so everything is till in boxes. When I find them I will test :)

Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom