Remote Control (SL-6399) Configuration (1 Viewer)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
:D to All,

this "MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - KeyBoardInputPlugin" is running :D

But one question is it possible to add a comand to change the zoom, so that I just click on my rc to change the default view to normal, zoom etc. ?
Maybe someone can help me !?

I already set the "MORE" button to 93 but that's not working !

OK ... it's working now, I had to change the keyboard.xml directly.
By changing the setup at MediaPortal Config, the changes are OK at the keyboard plugin but they are not saved in keyboard.xml directly ... and YES I clicked "Save and close" !

DAMM I TRIED TO EDIT THE FILE MANUALLY AND MP WOULDN'T START, (oops caps) can't see where i went wrong and i'm also getting the duplicated key presses??

any chance of you posting your finished keyboard.xml?:D

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
great many thanks!, will compare it to original to see where i'm going wrong ;)

theres no change in that from the original?, are you sure you are looking in the right path?

ie C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings

found how add a button definition manually so far only done the aspect ratio one lol but also found deleting cursor up/down etc keys got rid of double entry problem.

am stuck on home key!, it is toggling between fs and window mode even though button definition is correct??
getting same code (100013) off both fs/win button (2nd up bottom right)and home button??, does yours do this? maybe my remote is faulty?

Diablokiller

Portal Member
August 14, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I retire!
I won't get every key to work!
I think the only solution is to buy another Remote.
Which one works without configuring MP?
Or is there a working config or something I only need to copy into one MP-Dir to get the damn remote to work?
I'm very tired of reading forums and swearing infront of my Media PC :(

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
I retire!
I won't get every key to work!
I think the only solution is to buy another Remote.
Which one works without configuring MP?
Or is there a working config or something I only need to copy into one MP-Dir to get the damn remote to work?
I'm very tired of reading forums and swearing infront of my Media PC :(

lol its not that bad i got most working, tell us your problem and we'll try to help ;)
but if you go down another remote the hauppage is the best every button oob but no proper suspend support

Bacterius

Portal Member
August 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ Diablokiller

I had problems get my rc working, too.
Even Eventghost was not really working for me.
But this forum helped me.
It's really easy forget all applications like Eventghost, just dowload the plugin MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - KeyBoardInputPlugin, and follow the instructions from SpiDaMan.

If you need any help you can send me a privat message, too.
I'm not an expert but maybe I can help you running your rc.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
ok think i'm making progress, but spidamans guide doesn't seem to apply in some areas, maybe it's a language thing,
anyway step 4 is where i get lost.

so far have got it 90% but still getting random odd issues and would like to get rid of the "man" key but it is not listed in any definitions file.

Bacterius have you had any luck with the "home" key, what code does your remote produce with that?

Bacterius

Portal Member
August 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, first I get stucked at step 4, too.
Because I coudn't find this "Keys and Sounds" !
To get this folder you need to change to expert mode, this can be done at the right upper corner of MediaPortal Configuration !
Afterwards it was easy to get the rc working !
Hope this will help you !?

PS.: regarding the Home key, I didn't check, because I'm using a Logitech Harmony 525, and with this rc I don't have an Home key anyway :D
But I'll have a look and let you know.

Mike69

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
PS.: regarding the Home key, I didn't check, because I'm using a Logitech Harmony 525, and with this rc I don't have an Home key anyway :D
But I'll have a look and let you know.

is that remote good for mediaportal?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
Well so far am doing all right, not sure if spideys instructions are the best way to go as removal of duplicated key presses can also be achieved by deleting the duplicate key entries from the keyboard xml file or in plugin mapping also.
"Aspect" key and "more" key are now working by manual editing of xml file, one note about this plugin is it saves any added keys to wrong(old) path!! instead of new "All Users" folder. will post finished xml file when done,
anymore keys people want working? (except home key lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom