Remote Control (SL-6399) Configuration (1 Viewer)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry, I am using the one in the first post on page 2 of this thread by SpiDaMan

see post 43, make sure you dump the xml file in the right location which changed with 1.0rc* used to be prog files now its in subfolder off "all users" docs folder

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I had V2.0 keyboard inputplugin working in RC3 with an SL-6399 with a custom map, it worked fine. Then with the MP1.0 release I had issues with the plugin and found this 2.1 version which seemed happier.

I now have issues after you select any video. Then press the stop button, the back and home keys stop working.

You can go in and out of My TV or My Videos no problems with back or home. After starting Video or TV its fine but if you stop the live fed the back and home keys no longer work. I have tried it with and without default mappings in Media Portal Expert Config screen. Makes no difference.

Anyone got there working under MP 1.0 and Keyboard input plugin 2.1.

kotd

April 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Hey all, first post but thought it would be fitting to start here as this thread kept me sane during my setup of the remote SL6399.

I followed the notes as per message 11 by SpiDaMan so great thanks to you for that, as from that point it got a lot of my buttons on the remote working for the first time. Prior to this walk through i had the directional and OK button and all others did not work.

I had the odd buttong like the pause, rewind, or My Videos buttong not working but then with the upload of the keyboard.xml by mdbarber this all started working fine.

I have to say it works a treat now so anyone still having issues, follow the notes set out by SpiDaMan then import the keyboard.xml by mdbarber, and say thanks to the pair for making this remote work!!!.

Cheers to you both on this 10/10:D

mishmash

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Hey all, first post but thought it would be fitting to start here as this thread kept me sane during my setup of the remote SL6399.

I followed the notes as per message 11 by SpiDaMan so great thanks to you for that, as from that point it got a lot of my buttons on the remote working for the first time. Prior to this walk through i had the directional and OK button and all others did not work.

I had the odd buttong like the pause, rewind, or My Videos buttong not working but then with the upload of the keyboard.xml by mdbarber this all started working fine.

I have to say it works a treat now so anyone still having issues, follow the notes set out by SpiDaMan then import the keyboard.xml by mdbarber, and say thanks to the pair for making this remote work!!!.

Cheers to you both on this 10/10:D

Thanks for the info on this thread, looking to get my speedlink remote working but download link from SpiDaMan on post 11 is not working:mad: when I click on the link I get the message "Fatal error - attempt to access unpublished file by non-admin user", does anyone still have the file?
    :D

mishmash

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Thanks for the updated link, very quick:eek:, unfortunately I cant get this to work, everytime I press a key with this plugin enabled Media Portal just closes:confused:. I am using MP 1.0.2.

Edit: I have tried MP1.1 beta and every key press on the remote still closes MP, anyone still have this working?

Roy

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Bergen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for the updated link, very quick:eek:, unfortunately I cant get this to work, everytime I press a key with this plugin enabled Media Portal just closes:confused:. I am using MP 1.0.2.

Edit: I have tried MP1.1 beta and every key press on the remote still closes MP, anyone still have this working?
    Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm testing out 1.1.0 RC1 now and I can't get it to work (I have it 100% working on 1.0.1.) Everytime I press any key MediaPortal just closes...

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm testing out 1.1.0 RC1 now and I can't get it to work (I have it 100% working on 1.0.1.) Everytime I press any key MediaPortal just closes...
    Solved it by using the link in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...boardinputplugin-crashes-mp-70998/#post523770 . :)

smith69085

Portal Member
    May 7, 2009
    Hi Guys

It looks like the last keyboard.xml posted here was back in 2007? is there not an updated version anyone has made?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Guys

It looks like the last keyboard.xml posted here was back in 2007? is there not an updated version anyone has made?

shouldn't really matter as the "keys" have not changed, you might need to update the codes in yours thru the config section of the plug_in as diff versions of the windows usb drivers generate diff codes when each button is pressed but other than that its not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom