Remote has stopped working in "Pop-up" Menus (1 Viewer)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Using a Media Centre type Remote (From Inteset), which has been working fine since forever, has suddenly stopped working for all pop-up menus. Works fine in every other part of MediaPortal e.g.:
    * Go to list of TV recordings
    * Press OK on a recording
    * Pop-up is displayed asking if you want to play from start or resume from some other location - Neither the direction arrows, nor the OK button will work here. The only option available is to hit the Back button to back out.

It is the same for any similar pop-up menu, neither arrows nor OK will work.

I'm using the Frames skin, been using it forever without issue.

I just upgraded from 1.16.0 to 1.17.0 in the hope that if there was some sort of file corruption, that might clear it, but I have the same problem after the upgrade.

I run two systems using the same type of remote. Both systems are configured identically in terms of the remote. One system is working fine, the other isn't. Either remote produces the same faulty result on the offending system.

Ideas anyone?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Stéphane.

Apologies for not providing logs. Now attached.

I have always used the classic profile, which I'm sure is the default and never modified any of the RC settings (Therefore "Use HID keyboard" is NOT selected). But on the system in question, the remote recently stopped working completely and I found the only way to get it working again was to switch to the full profile (Still with "Use HID keyboard" NOT selected). This worked for a while, but now I have this new development, hence my post. BTW: The current issue is the same whether or not I select "Use HID keyboard" under the full profile.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Stéphane for checking to logs, but as I said:
    BTW: The current issue is the same whether or not I select "Use HID keyboard" under the full profile.

Happy to Re-enable "HID keyboard" and re-post logs if you think it will help or will provide you with any useful info though?

Cheers,
    Steve

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's odd. Could you check if it is specific to your skin?
    In any case if you use the classic profile and disable HID keyboard it should work just like it it did before.

After making sure profile and HID keyboard are in sync please enable Extended Logging on the HID tab, reproduce the issue and provide the resulting logs.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's odd. Could you check if it is specific to your skin?
    LOL, yes, it IS odd, that's my point. Yes, good idea, I will try a different skin and see what happens.

In any case if you use the classic profile and disable HID keyboard it should work just like it it did before.
    Yes, it should, but sadly, it does not.

After making sure profile and HID keyboard are in sync please enable Extended Logging on the HID tab, reproduce the issue and provide the resulting logs.
    OK, will do.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, switched to Default Wide HD skin - Same problem.

Switched back to Frames skin, confirmed profile set to full and "Use HID Keyboard" selected, enabled extended logging, re-started MediaPortal and re-produced the issue. New logs attached.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try again with profile set to 'classic' and HID keyboard disabled?
    Could you make sure you do minimal action to reproduce the issue and then exit MP1?

It looks like you have two IR receivers. The iMON and the Inteset. How did you make sure the iMON receiver was disabled?
    You could also try the HID Demo and see if there is any obvious problem.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK Stéphane, done, logs attached. But note that as previously mentioned, when I'm use Classic profile, the remote doesn't work at all. So when MP starts, I cant do anything.

Yes, the system has iMon stuff embedded. Never caused me any issues before. Not sure that I could easily find the relevant stuff in Device Manager to switch it off, but for this exercise, before I did what you asked for, I disabled the MiniDisplay Plugin and closed the iMon software Utility. I actually thought you may have been on to something there and hoped that when I closed the iMon utility, the problem might go away, but sadly it didn't.

Thanks again for your help :)

Cheers,
    Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom