Remote (Logitech Harmony), IR Server, HIP, MPTrayMod and other doubts... (1 Viewer)

tesKing

Portal Member
February 25, 2009
Roma
Home Country
Italy Italy
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1 English ORIGINAL
CPU Type: Athlon X64 X2 3800
HDD: 300GB SATA II x2
Memory: 3GByte DDR Dual Channel
Motherboard: ASUS
Video Card: NVidia 9600 GT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Lifeview DVB-T
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Tenor
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech Harmony 525 + Microsoft MCE V.2 (remote and usb receiver)
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

Hello EVERYONE!
I'm a new user of MediaPortal, I used Media Center until 1 week ago. And I'm a new user of a Logitech Harmony 525 too. I have looked for how to set the remote with my Vista/MP system in all the forums post and now I'm little confused... Until now I have tried the MPTrayMod to let MP starts from "activities" on Harmony... but everytime MediaCenter starts too (I have tried to disable it, without success). I have tried to install IR Server 1.4.2 and HIP 3.x with MCE plug-in... but there is no documentation... how I can setup all to work good?

1) In the Logitech Harmony Database I find devices like Brand="Microsoft" / Model = "Windows Vista Media Center Edition", and another as Brand = "Media Portal" / Model = "MediaPortal"... which I have to use? It seems no one of these two works good: I can start the suite, I can use arrows to navigate, OK to confirm, but the Green Button doesn't lead me to Home, Back doesn't work (assigned to Prev on remote), Play/Pause/Stop/FF/REW/Skip/others don't work!

2) How I can disable MCE to starts definetively? where are the tricks/software/registry keys/services to disable? the best way is?

3) What and How I have to use: MPTrayMod? HIP? IR Server? How I can Map Home and Back? and how let it works with Play/Pause... Someone have a HIP-Profile ready? Which is the chain between these softs? Which one sends to wich other...

4) I have tried to map the "Exit button" from "Backspace" to "ESC" key in Media Portal Configuration / General / Keys and sound... nothing happens!!!

Please help me or tell me where to find a good guide to follow...

Thank's

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

tesKing

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :D:D:D

...and it finally worked! Now Mediacenter is definitively disabled... good!

THANK U - THANK U - THANK U - THANK U

Now MPTray makes its work and load MediaPortal. I have set Harmony as MCE. But till now I can use just only arrows and OK. No other functions... I have tried IR Server, but nothing. I have tried HIP with profile for MCE Remote, trying to add custom action but seems it didn't receive IR signal or I don't understand what to do... I have tried iMon but what kind of remote I have to set? Not iMon hw, the Generic? and after? I have tried to remap keys in MP Config... Nothing change! only arrows and OK work. The same with original MCE remote I used: nothing... Which is the logical sequence to let it works? This one:

Harmony emulate MCE Remote -> HIP/iMon/IR Server receive/translate keys from MCE shortcuts to MP shortcuts (from Keyboard they work!) -> MP receive inputs and act....

Someone can help me?

tesKing

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No Ray\PD, no... same with the MCE original remote... only arrows and OK... and The Green Button to start MP (but not to go back to home). The receiver receive signals (led flashes), but not MP and not other "translators" seems to know other functions more than arrows and OK...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    You should have these items showing in device manager.

sshot-7.jpgsshot-8.jpg

All showing microsoft or ehome etc should exist as device, if missing the you need to reinstall the ehome driver.

Do this from USB controller, ehome infrared receiver (usbcir), right click and chose uninstall, then unplug the receiver, reboot and then plug back in once windows has finished loading.

HTH

tesKing

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Ray\PD,

sorry if I didn't reply to u soon, I was very busy. I have checked all my devices in device manager and my status is the same as your one. But I went further and Unistalled/Unplugged/Removed the IR receiver, restarted the PC and check if they come back... everything was re-added correctly, but it didn't till work.
    I was reading the last post on the first page of this forum about iMon. But I think they are talking about some remote from iMon (and VFD). Soon I will make a clean install of my Vista. So I will check in that moment. Thank u the same for now...

Cristian

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Besides the batteries being spent, if MS remote you need to leave batteries out for 30 minutes before reinserting, there is a diode on the original remote that needs to be fully discharged before inserting new batteries.

After that I do not have a clue, something is obviously wrong, but how deep into the Vista system this may be, only by reinstalling will you find out.

Try not to install any 3rd party software for controlling mce remote, in my experience this really screws thing up.

tesKing

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    INCREDIBLE... Solved easily... I was wrong in setting remote on MP Configuration. Now I checked either MCE Remote and HID Remote... and it works for everything... amazing... thank's!!!

Now I have some problem in let DVD plays (mounted or real disc inserted says everytime "Are u sure there is a disc inside?"

Ciao!

tesKing

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Fixed DVD's issue too... I downloaded PowerDVD7 and use its codecs... (leaving DVD Navigator as default), now it works!

And cleaning out all softwares for Remote, I removed HIP too... and now I had the problem for my "EXIT" button that sends Backspace and not Esc... so tonight I will install HIP again to translate the EXIT Button...

THANK's again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom