[confirm] Remote not working after resume (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Did you install the multi-tuner patch after installing XP SP3?

I presume you mean this - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ner-issue-channel-scan-crash-windows-xp-6344/ in which case, the answer is yes.

I had a similar problem on my wifes client in the lounge room.

My fix was to stop windows shutting down USB on sleep in device manager.

I too have a Nova T 500 card in my server machine with no dramas. That one is awake all the time.

HTH,

Russell.

Thanks for the suggestion Russell, that might be worth a try.

If I go into Device Manager and view by connection, working backwards I can see both the Nova-T tuner and IR components under "USB Composite Device", which is under "USB Root Hub". I can go to the Properties for this Hub and under Power Management, untick the box which says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", which obviously affects both parts of the Nova-T (tuner and IR) but I imagine the idle power usage is negligible, so if this works it seems like a good solution.

The problem hasn't actually re-occurred since I originally reported it, so it will be hard to tell if this has actually fixed it, but if the problem happens again I guess I'll know it hasn't :)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Well that was quick!

The remote is playing up again after resuming. It's acting like a generic remote, so only the directional and OK keys work, plus a few others (for some reason * is acting like exit/back).

So it doesn't look like the power management thing is going to be the solution unfortunately.

I looked in device manager and there's no errors there. If I view by connection, I can see that under "Hauppauge Nova-DT IR" there is "HID Keyboard device", "HID-complaint consumer device" and two "HID-complaint device" entries.

I found that if I open a document in Notepad named debug.txt and run the Ir.exe tray app, I can test the buttons and they all work just fine like that, so it seems it is a MP problem after all I'm afraid.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Remote not working after resume

Same problems with my iMon.

Sometimes, when I wake up from standby the remotekeys don't work, except of the numbers?!?

I use KeyboardInput-Plugin to transform keys into actions of MP!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Could a dev have a quick look at the error that was thrown
    Code:
    2010-07-13 20:43:52.187500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.HcwRemote.StartHcw()
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.HcwRemote.WndProc(Message msg)
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.InputDevices.WndProc(Message& msg, Action& action, Char& key, Keys& keyCode)
       at MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)
    2010-07-13 20:43:52.187500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-07-13 20:43:52.187500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void StartHcw()
    2010-07-13 20:43:52.187500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   source    :RemotePlugins
    2010-07-13 20:43:52.187500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   at MediaPortal.InputDevices.HcwRemote.StartHcw()
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.HcwRemote.WndProc(Message msg)
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.InputDevices.WndProc(Message& msg, Action& action, Char& key, Keys& keyCode)
       at MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)

Any ideas what is going on there?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    also could you tick the extended logging option on the remote config page. Then when it happens again provide logs with this extra info in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom