Remote not working after resume (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Remote not working after resume

hello guys,

I also have had a Nova-T 500... Same problem with the remote... My solution: disable the Nova-T 500 before going to sleep and enable it on resume (did this with a script and devcon)

this was the only way it worked for me...

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm still having this problem with 1.1.2.

After resuming from Hibernate, the remote wasn't working properly (only the cursor and OK buttons I think). So I load the WinTV IR.exe program, which runs in the tray and open a debug.txt file and all the remote buttons work with that (when pressed, a line appears in the text file showing which button has been pressed). So it's definitely a MP problem. Logs attached

I'm actually using MPstandbyhandler at the moment, with these Resume commands (no Suspend commands):

HardwareDevice Restart on Device: Hauppauge Nova-DT Dual DVB-T Tuner Device (+IR)
    TVServiceStop
    TVServiceStart

The remote generally starts working again in MP after resuming from Hibernate if I close it and restart it, so perhaps if I put a MediaPortal Stop command under Standby, and a Mediaportal Start command under Resume, that will sort it, but it would be nice if it could be fixed so that this wasn't necessary.

I've also attached logs from after closing and restarting MP, when the remote did work, to compare to the other log in case it shows anything helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom