Remove "Old" client names from Service Monitor?

Discussion in 'General' started by Digsy, October 9, 2018.

1. Digsy

Digsy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Show System Specs
    My Service Monitor is showing two client names which do not exist on my system, but were both previously used at some point.
    In the picture below, "Its Not An iPad" was the name of the client on my tablet before I installed 2.2,
    I guess "Media Portal 2 Client" was the default name of my NUC before I renamed it to "Bedroom".

I've tried restarting the Server, closing and re-launching the Service Monitor, and even rebooting the server machine, but it always shows these two redundant clients.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,140 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Indeed, and the Service Monitor will always show these clients since it can't know if a client is redundant or not.

Until today nobody ever noticed this, possibly because the Service Monitor is not much used. There is currently no GUI-supported way to remove an entry from the "once-connected" list. I could of course think of an automatic removal after x days/weeks/months but that would need to be solved programmatically, i.e. new work with little impact given the merely cosmetic issue.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. BlueMax1916
    • Super User

BlueMax1916 Super User

Ratings:
    +103 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

simple logic, if the IP adress of an entry is the same as for a formerly made entry then the older entry could be deleted I guess.

Cheers

Blue Max

5. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,140 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Depends on how the machine is recognized. I don't think that the IP address is used as this can change, but I may be wrong.

My main point is if this is something that we want to change. As it stands this is not a bug but a feature. That said, we could agree on a missing feature "Remove orphaned client entries". Yet nothing that I need personally, therefore I won't enter it as a Feature Request, but others are of course free to do so.:)

6. Digsy

Digsy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Show System Specs
    Its not causing me a problem, so I won't bother raising any feature requests. :) Surprised no one else has noticed it, though :)

7. BlueMax1916
    • Super User

BlueMax1916 Super User

Ratings:
    +103 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I had noticed it several months ago but no one noticed that I had noticed :p

Cheers

Blue Max

• Funny Funny x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!