Remove "Old" client names from Service Monitor? (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
My Service Monitor is showing two client names which do not exist on my system, but were both previously used at some point.
In the picture below, "Its Not An iPad" was the name of the client on my tablet before I installed 2.2,
I guess "Media Portal 2 Client" was the default name of my NUC before I renamed it to "Bedroom".

I've tried restarting the Server, closing and re-launching the Service Monitor, and even rebooting the server machine, but it always shows these two redundant clients.

Attachments

• Client names.jpg
    Client names.jpg
    25.5 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tried restarting the Server, closing and re-launching the Service Monitor, and even rebooting the server machine, but it always shows these two redundant clients.
    Indeed, and the Service Monitor will always show these clients since it can't know if a client is redundant or not.

Until today nobody ever noticed this, possibly because the Service Monitor is not much used. There is currently no GUI-supported way to remove an entry from the "once-connected" list. I could of course think of an automatic removal after x days/weeks/months but that would need to be solved programmatically, i.e. new work with little impact given the merely cosmetic issue.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

simple logic, if the IP adress of an entry is the same as for a formerly made entry then the older entry could be deleted I guess.

Cheers

Blue Max

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the IP adress of an entry is the same as for a formerly made entry then the older entry could be deleted I guess.
    Depends on how the machine is recognized. I don't think that the IP address is used as this can change, but I may be wrong.

My main point is if this is something that we want to change. As it stands this is not a bug but a feature. That said, we could agree on a missing feature "Remove orphaned client entries". Yet nothing that I need personally, therefore I won't enter it as a Feature Request, but others are of course free to do so.:)

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Its not causing me a problem, so I won't bother raising any feature requests. :) Surprised no one else has noticed it, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom