Remove OSD on pause (1 Viewer)

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I did a search but didn't find an answer to this. It's not really a problem but just something I'd like to change on my setup. While using StreamedMP, I'd like to pause the screen without the info banner coming up on the bottom. I tried hitting 'Y' but that changes the banner, doesn't remove it. I'll be doing some projector calibrating soon and this would sure be helpful to figure out. Can I edit the xml to change this?

Thanks in advance!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I managed to do it with B3W, but it looks like it is handled differently in StreamedMP.
    But if you just want a fullscreen video paused without anything else on screen, will the skin mater?

If you want to use it, make a backup copy of common.play.progressbar.xml in B3W skin and replace with attached version.

Attachments

• common.play.progressbar.zip
      30.7 KB

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I managed to do it with B3W, but it looks like it is handled differently in StreamedMP.
    But if you just want a fullscreen video paused without anything else on screen, will the skin mater?

If you want to use it, make a backup copy of common.play.progressbar.xml in B3W skin and replace with attached version.

Good point! I'll give this a try. I actually found another way. The files used to calibrate the grayscale come in mp4 format and they made each test pattern 3 minutes long so I was able to run through the patterns without pausing. Even so, this will be good to know for doing screenshots with a digital camera.

:D

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    just bumping this thread up. Does anyone else know of a way to remove the OSD when pausing in STreamedMP? I don't know any xml but it seems like it would just be cutting out some code to make it happen.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    OK I tried again and found that removing almost everything in videoFullScreen.xml will give you your result.
    I did a quick test. All seems well but I am not sure if it breaks something else.

Attachments

• videoFullScreennew.zip
      30.7 KB
    • videoFullScreenold.zip
      30.7 KB

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    OK I tried again and found that removing almost everything in videoFullScreen.xml will give you your result.
    I did a quick test. All seems well but I am not sure if it breaks something else.

This worked, thanks! I decided I wanted to keep the progressbar on the bottom. I modified two of the files and was able to remove everything else so it looks nice and clean when paused. This is exactly what I wanted! I hope this helps someone out. If I ever do any screen caps I'll comment out the progressbar too.

Attachments

• NoOSDonPause.zip
      30.6 KB

Phrak

Portal Member
    January 13, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Nice! Thanks for the inspiration.

Another option that would be nice, would be to time-out the OSD after a number of seconds. Windows MCE does this and I quite liked the way it worked.

I don't know if MP has the ability to do this kind of action. If so, I'll make an official feature request.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Nice! Thanks for the inspiration.

Another option that would be nice, would be to time-out the OSD after a number of seconds. Windows MCE does this and I quite liked the way it worked.

I don't know if MP has the ability to do this kind of action. If so, I'll make an official feature request.

I agree, I'm not opposed to the look of the OSD, but I'd like it to auto-hide after x seconds. Perhaps if it could only do this on pause, that would be slick! I don't mind the OSD on FF or REW though.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This worked, thanks! I decided I wanted to keep the progressbar on the bottom. I modified two of the files and was able to remove everything else so it looks nice and clean when paused. This is exactly what I wanted! I hope this helps someone out.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

did someone tried this akajester solution in MP 1.1 Beta? I've just tried it, but it didn't work for me.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom