RenderBlack errors in log (1 Viewer)

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
July 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi
2 issues i cant figure out and hoping some genius could assist
1.every so often i have a issue where i access live tv direct from guide or from the recorded tv screen and upon returning to live tv, all i get is a black screen with audio.
Sometimes it can be fixed by going back to the previous screen and then to Live TV again, other times i exit MP and restart.
2. This one is a little harder to reproduce and explain, but will do my best. Basically during operation of using MP, it will freeze and become very unresponsive, sometimes taking what feels like 5 min to do anything or just not do anything at all, meaning i need to ctr+alt+del to get out of MP. This issue can happen anywhere within MP when going from one screen to another, but i mainly notice it when accessing Live TV (live tv button on remote) direct from another screen. Or even just changing channels using up/down on remote.

Have attached log files to look at, but from what i can tell from the logs i have a lot of "RenderBlack" entries, which would explain the black screen, but im just not sure why.
I cant understand from the logs why my machine would freeze, but based on it being predominately from live tv, i would guess that there is an issue in accessing the tv broadcast and timeouts?
Hopefully someone who understands the log files better can tell me what happening. - Perhaps my htpc is under powered. Can post specs if you feel this may be the case

Cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The log file shows:
    [2017-10-10 18:32:13,499] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error starting graph: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

This "storage" could refer to either HDD or RAM (memory) space.

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thanks for your reply @mm1352000
    I know its not hdd storage as i checked that after it crashed both my drives are only at half capacity (1 for os and 1 for recordings)
    I have 8gig RAM installed - Thought this would be enough. Considering the pc is only running media portal. Is not used for any other function (well except to post here!)

Im guessing the only way to tell if its ram is to wait for a freeze up and open task manager and look at the memory graph?

Thanks again

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have 8gig RAM installed - Thought this would be enough.
    Normally it would be heaps... but perhaps not in the case of a memory leak.

Im guessing the only way to tell if its ram is to wait for a freeze up and open task manager and look at the memory graph?
    I don't know if it's the only way, but that's what I would do.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suppose the other possibility is that it could be audio-related.

Bdydrp

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I did just find my audio driver was out of date (via device manager) and have only now just updated that along with windows.
    So will see how things go

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom