Replace my GT430 with?? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi. Any thoughts on what to replace this with? I'm fed up with having to hack drivers and even still the video is always lagging in and out on 1080i broadcasts. Freaking me out now. I just want to buy something that will work and not have to keep sitting staring at peoples lips all night and just enjoy the TV :(

Feel like I'm ready to go back to the sky box, so frustrating :(

Thanks!

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Have you tried SAF unlocked, not advocating it, but it could be codec related, no HD tv here, but even if I download a 1080i file it seems to play fine with a gt220

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey,

I'm using a GT430 and it is working well for me with my setup, no problems with 1080i. I'm not using a custom driver just the latest available on nvidias site.

It may be worth checking if you have cpu speed inssues. I'm only using the 430 in a client pc with no other overheads then playing video.

Also worth checking your codecs, I'm using PDVD10 for live tv.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Windows 7, quad core duo cpu (which I recently upgraded from a core 2 duo because of these issues) , SSD, antivirus ignoring mepo processes and program / recording folders excluded.. With stock nvidia drivers the playback is a joke on my machine, not sure how you can use them. With 276 quattros its ok but it keeps getting ahead of the video and its freaking me out.

I run 1080p to my TV and its 1080i sky hd broadcast, I have no dropped frames at all except ones when I first tune.

I'm thinking putting a 7750 in. Nvidia has done nothing for my confidence. Will this be powerful enough to not even have to give a second thought too?

SAF.. Not since buying this card (which was brought because of playback issues in the first place). Now I use LAV exclusively. Maybe worth a try.[DOUBLEPOST=1354573827][/DOUBLEPOST]I just want a guarenteed card to do it. Not worridd about trying to get the cheapest thing possible at this point because if I cant fix it I've got to go back to the sky box because its winding me up :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    After what you have just said, suspect you have a bad card, same as mine, in my case works brilliantly with default driver from supplier, but issues with anything after, this is caused by the BIOS that is on the card, should of sent it back.

Any chance of borrowing another card to test, btw equivalent would be a 5670 from ATI, Owlsroost is the guy to explain adaptive de-interlacing here ;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    The one thing I've never done is used the driver on the disc I think. I could send it ba k its under a year old, but they'd just say nothing wrong with it. I'd rather just over power it at this point as trying to be cheap has ended up costing me now anyway. I do run tv server and client on same machine but loads are using weaker hardware without issue.

How can I offload it all to my CPU? Thats got to be better than this card!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a GT 430 as well, and I'm running the latest SAF and everything's smoother than ever. Another factor though, is that I'm running 1.3.0 BETA. You should wait until the beta is out before you buy a new card IMHO, you might be surprised. Running Alpha software is risky business sometimes.

Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    GT430 should be powerful enough to decode and deinterlace 1080i content, so it could be some other bottleneck in the system as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom