Replace my GT430 with?? (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I have used an XFX 7750 single slot for over six months now and can highly recommend it, the best gpu I have ever had especialy for upto 1080i50/60 @1080p monitor. doesn't break a sweat and handles all SD and HD (4k support not official as of yet).

HDMI 1.4a, DL output, GDDR 5 ticked the boxes.

I was looking for a GPU to future proof for at least 5 years and on broadcasters and media timelines this is it, so paid the extra over 50GBP for it.

With prices as they are now I would probably (if I had the space for a dual slot card) go or an HD7770 as they have now dropped well below 100GBP @89GBP

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just making sure .. U do have the correct refresh rate in use? Without the correct refresh rate u won't get flat lines with 'shift+1'. I have an nvidia GT430 zotac zone edition (passive heat sink), and I love it. I doesn't have 3d support (the hdmi is not 1.4a, but I don't really care for 3d.

I don't have any drop frame issues with my card. Incidentally the nvidia 610 is the same card as the 430(rebranded).

You don't 'bypass' the gpu in LAV settings... U connect ur tv to your motherboard's hdmi/dvi socket. Then in LAV u select quick sync hardware deinterlacing.

I recently got a copy if Sintel (short movie) in 4k resolution (h264 codec, dts).. And It played well.. Not overconfidently.. A dropped frame every 5 seconds but perfectly smooth enuf to watch.

Again.. My GT430 does everything I need I and I love it.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ZOTAC GeForce GT630 ZONE running here. Very nice piece of hardware. Enough power, smooth playback and good noiseless cooling. Only thing that sucks is the miniHDMi port.

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i only use the DVI-D connection...i run audio separetly thru my amp via spdif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom