Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    I'm sure I'm not dreaming these sync issues!
    I'm sure you're not dreaming (if I dream I dream about something more beautiful ;) ) But in your post you tell about two things not the way they should be. First, Quadro Drivers are never mend to be drivers for Desktop PC and they need to be hacked to work with the GT 430. And second one, Windows update can provide only the limited basic drivers which come with Windows itself and are also not recommended for HTPC usage. Allow Windows Update to change your GFX drivers is not a wise thing to do.
    So completely remove all your previous drivers (I know it's hard to get rid of them but try your best) and do a clean install of "normal" Geforce Drivers. Then try again.
    Loosing Sync is mostly no driver issue (not even on AMD/ATI drivers;) ) and also "enough power" didn't really matter. It's normally (99.9%) a matter of badly created video files or maybe some codec/playback issue.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I didnt know it had updated the drivers lol. Stupid thing.
    The quadros though are what everyone is using on here with the GT430's, yes you need to modify the inf file to get it to install. Every driver I ever installed from Nvidia (official gforce) caused sync issues.

Here are the screen shots from the gpuz, it doesn't show the 64bit / 128bit though.. How exactly would I use this tool to check whats happening when live TV is on? Do I run MePo in window mode and sit and watch the gpu usage or something?

gpu2.gif gpu1.gif

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Just sat flicking about on some HD live TV in full screen with GPUZ logging and the GPU is not getting above 62% loading at any time. I didn't notice any sync issues but I have just made one change to my setup. Noticed M***I was set to debug log level and a nice 12mb log file sat being written to and MePo was set to debug log level also. Guess I'll see what happens tonight and just leave gpuz going.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    everyone is using on here with the GT430's
    Not everyone ;) I have never seen any advantage in using those. Only thing I had to do after trying was a fresh installation of Windows 7 to get rid of them completely.

Every driver I ever installed from Nvidia (official gforce) caused sync issues.
    I'm absolutely sure those issue are NOT related to the drivers at all. It's just a symptom of something not working elsewhere. If the sync will differ at a given amount that can be due to some wrong settings in drivers control panel, but sync sliding back and forth I can't believe this is due the drivers at all...

Edit:
    There you go. Don't tell us about such things, but this is what causes those issues. M***I is well known for causing sync issues.

Last edited:

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    everyone is using on here with the GT430's
    Not everyone ;) I have never seen any advantage in using those. Only thing I had to do after trying was a fresh installation of Windows 7 to get rid of them completely.

+1. Never used any modified drivers at all and everything works fine. No matter what driver version i tried. Beside this fact i´d say its worth a try.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just sat flicking about on some HD live TV in full screen with GPUZ logging and the GPU is not getting above 62% loading at any time.

62% feels about right for 1920 x 1080i @ 50Hz (depending on the settings in LAV - 'DXVA2 Native' usually gets the lowest GPU load, CUVID the highest).

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yeah me neither, especially after seeing full screen 1080i deinterlacing of live TV isn't taking the load on the card beyond 62%. Something else must be upsetting something. I've turned all the logging levels right down to error only just because I see no need for them if nothing else, will see if that does anything. I think the next thing will be to disable MSEssentials as I was shocked to realise that was what was causing me no end of issues when switching channels!

I have LAV set to CUVID at the mo. But I do have MePo's dynamic refresh rate turned on, my TV changes mode when TV starts or a .mkv starts between 24 and 50hz. Not sure if that would have any effect.

Could excessive logging be creating too much overhead or am I being over paranoid?!

If I see any sync issues tonight, I'll try clean out the drivers and put the latest Gefore ones on.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use the modified drivers (I tried a recent GeForce driver a while back but this was while troubleshooting something and never tried them again) as my system is really stable at the moment. I'm gonna update in a while though, so which driver is recommended by you guys who's using the GeForce drivers?

I did use a DVI->HDMI cable for video and Coax digital for audio with my old receiver without sync issues (using Automatic Refresh Rate Changer) but when I got my new receiver and switched to just HDMI, I couldn't use ARRC, or I would get horrible sync issues. But this was way back when I used MePo 1.2.3. When 1.3 Alpha arrived, all sync issues went away, but stability was poor. With 1.3 Beta however, it's better than ever. :)

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom