Replace my GT430 with?? (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A cheap 6450 or a more expensive 7750 are definitely the current 'go to' ATI cards for HTPCs at the moment. There are two subversions of the 7750, one is better than the other.

Surprised your current card isn't giving you satisfactory results, I'm sure with a correct setup it would be more than adequate for 1080i HDTV with MP1.2/1.3.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Ray. I've not seen that before. Yes my motherboard spec lists Realtek ALC888 codec under audio and has the relevant driver installed from Gigabytes website (GA-EG41MF-US2H). I assumed this was needed for the optical out to work? Is that not correct?
    If it does need one, what driver should I be using?
    Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1355467311][/DOUBLEPOST]Kiwijunglist, I believe it is capable, sometimes I dont see the issue. Its always better after a reboot (I normally resume and sleep) but some times its fine then too. I can't see to find whats doing it. I'm starting to doubt my Onkyo A/V receiver but its seems fine for everything else.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Make sure any audio drivers you are not using are disabled, this keeps cropping up on the nvidia forum and there does not seem to be a "one for all" solution other than see if the latest drivers from both parties have a fix :(

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Well as far as I know there is only one audio driver and its the one for my audio chip? I didn't realise there could be more than one. I had noticed my current AM3+ setup only had SATA2 so I brought a new motherboard to start from scratch with which should come today so when I set it up, I'll make sure all the latest drivers are installed.

Just hoping now that MePo comes out tonight or early tomorrow so I have the weekend to do the setup :) else it may have to wait until after Christmas.

I think I got suckered into this GT430!!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Some are, some are not, mines the latter :(

You would need to look at the manufacturers website, look for updates to your particular card, this will only show drivers if there is no updateable bios available.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    So I now have a completely new PC up and running. Raid 0 SSD's and ramdisk timeshifting, new windows install and mediaportal. No other software installed, no antivirus etc. Still have this damn syncing issue. Sometimes its ok, sometimes its slightly out. I guess all thats left now is to buy a new graphics card :/
    Shame because this thing flys now and feels great in the menus and large lists :) although it boots to desktop quicker than MePo can start!

As a last ditch effort to save some money.. is it possible to use my CPU to do all the work and just use the graphics card for the display output but still use LAV? Currently have CUIVD selected..

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just don't select any hardware acceleration, would be interesting to see if any better, still think you have a duff card.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I was tempted to email asus but they have a right pain in the arse returns policy that costs a fortune to get it back if they decide nothings wrong with it. The card kiwi has might have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom