Request: BlueTwo light edition! (1 Viewer)

knego

Portal Member
August 24, 2006
I have been using Mediaportal for a long time, and very recently bought a new HTPC. I was hoping that the interface-stutter would dissappear, but it is now even worse, making the remote nearly impossible to use.

I found out that SimpleMP-skin (4:3) fixed this, and made the navigating blazing fast. But, I love the BlueTwo skin much better, especially the 16:9-version.

Me, and I am sure alot other, would love a blazing fast light edition of BlueTwo without everything unneccesary eyecandy, or whatever that makes MediaPortal stutter like h*ll.

Is there anyone that might want to do this? It would be wonderful!
Thanks in advance!

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What are your system specs, I really can't imagine that the eyecandy of Bluetwo is slowing down too mutch...
It could be some other setup problem

Anff

Portal Member
April 26, 2008
Home Country
England England
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any success in tweaking the BlueTwo skin to make it faster/slimmer.

I found out that SimpleMP-skin (4:3) fixed this, and made the navigating blazing fast. But, I love the BlueTwo skin much better, especially the 16:9-version.
I experience the same issues and I'm starting to learn how the XML's fit together (so I can tweak them myself- but I'm starting with getting the TV/Radio Guides looking good for me at the moment

With many of XML's that I've seen, I've noticed lines that referance animation (fadein and fadeout).
Code:
       <animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
      <animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowClose</animation>
Maybe if all these were removed from BlueTwo's XML files then it might be a tad faster as there's no animation that needs rendering.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe if all these were removed from BlueTwo's XML files then it might be a tad faster as there's no animation that needs rendering.

it is the animations that are the cause, so yes if you disable them all, should be a lot faster.

Why not use indigo, do not think there are many animations for that skin.

Anff

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    OK- there's some skins to get me going. Thanks :)

I'll try fiddling with B2's XMLs and media files in an attempt to speed the response times a bit as the other half likes the look of B2 (blue's her fav colour) and she's getting fed up of getting used to different layouts/colours every other day.

TBH- if SimpleMP had the same blue and positioning as B2, it'd be nigh-on perfect (as I's rather have a simple background and unclutered displays, plus it's 4:3 too- always handy as I have a 4:3 screen).

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know how things get on and post the relevent files so anyone else can use them if the feel the need. :)

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Can't you turn of animations in MP setup? Or doesnt that help? I can't imagine how you can get b2 to be slow on a new comp :-/ Even my old laptop manage to run it almost lag free.

Anff

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Can't you turn of animations in MP setup? Or doesnt that help? I can't imagine how you can get b2 to be slow on a new comp :-/ Even my old laptop manage to run it almost lag free.
    But I don't want all of the animations turned off. I'd like to keep the ones on BasicHome and the normal Home- it's more of the fade in/out when accessing the plugins.

The only problem that I can't seem to overcome is that when accessing the TV-Guide (and the Radio guide) the audio stutters for a few seconds then becomes very choppy untill you go back to the channel required.

As a first step to fix this, I've removed the Video Preview window in the TV Guide (and expanded the TV Guide panel to make it a bit more readable)- as I thought my PC was having problems showing video and loading the EPG at the same time (it's a slightly old Athlon64 +3200 with 1Gig of RAM).

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    yep, your CPU and gfx card should be more than enough for a smooth end result with B2, so I'd be looking for other things, such as Dx faults or the like.
    Can you try start/run/dxdiag and see if anything is raised there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom