[REQUEST] Support for tv card with realtek chip and DAB radio (1 Viewer)

rkaycom

November 21, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
It took a lot of work (months and months!), but I added RTL283x FM radio support for TVE 3.5. Still no DAB or DAB+ support because I don't have access to any transmission.

Sorry, I'm a bit new to all this, can I just clarify that statement. Does that mean that tuners with the RTL283x will now have support for FM in MediaPortal TV Server with the next Media Portal update? When is this due to come out and will it be for both Media Portal 1 and 2?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does that mean that tuners with the RTL283x will now have support for FM in MediaPortal TV Server with the next Media Portal update?
    No, because TVE 3.5 will not be included in the next MediaPortal update.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    well when the update is implemented, will it function as I said previously; RTL283x based cards will now support FM radio?
    Yes, if the product/hardware supports it.

And will TVE 3.5 be implemented in both MediaPortal 1 and 2?
    TVE 3.5 will be able to be used by MP1, MP2 or any other client/front-end that wants to use it. Whether MP1 and MP2 will decide to use it is up to the relevant developers and decision makers.

rkaycom

November 21, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    well when the update is implemented, will it function as I said previously; RTL283x based cards will now support FM radio?
    Yes, if the product/hardware supports it.

And will TVE 3.5 be implemented in both MediaPortal 1 and 2?
    TVE 3.5 will be able to be used by MP1, MP2 or any other client/front-end that wants to use it. Whether MP1 and MP2 will decide to use it is up to the relevant developers and decision makers.

Well thank you for your time and effort with my questions.

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    May I ask you mm1352000?
    Had a look at the code of rtl283x. I'm not a programmer (made something in pascal more than 20 years ago) but can understand you when you said several months ago that was very difficult.
    Is someone helping you with the development of Tve 3.5?
    There's possibility of testing recent binaries, or compile something new (My 3.5 have more than a year)?
    There's something else that we no-programmers can do to help development of TVE 3.5?
    regards,
    sdf

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is someone helping you with the development of Tve 3.5?
    Unfortunately no. I am currently the only person working on TVE 3.5. This is the reason why it takes so long.

There's possibility of testing recent binaries, or compile something new (My 3.5 have more than a year)?
    No, sorry.

There's something else that we no-programmers can do to help development of TVE 3.5?
    At the moment there's nothing that I can think of.

Thanks for your interest. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom