Require help with JSON Error (1 Viewer)

Obelisk

Portal Member
March 1, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Getting a JSON Error for illegal character in path for Moving Pictures loading. The log doesn't indicate what it is trying to load and based on the sort order being used I looked at what I think is the Movie it should be loading when the exception is thrown. The issue is that I cannot find anything out of the ordinary with the movie file or backdrop path that could be causing the issue.

Is there any way to get more information in the logs to indicate what is being loaded when the exception occurs?

Here is the error...

2013-07-16 10:39:07.39845 [(41)] ERROR: Unhandled exception in service (JSON interface)
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
at System.IO.Path.GetExtension(String path)
at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MovingPictures.MPMovingPictures.<>c__DisplayClassf.<BackdropReader>b__e(String x) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPMovingPictures\MPMovingPictures.cs:line 70
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MovingPictures.MPMovingPictures.BackdropReader(SQLiteDataReader reader, Int32 idx) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPMovingPictures\MPMovingPictures.cs:line 70
at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.AutoFiller`1.AutoCreate(SQLiteDataReader reader) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\AutoFiller.cs:line 74
at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.ObjectFactory`1.CreateObject(SQLiteDataReader reader) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\ObjectFactory.cs:line 53
at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQuery`1.ExecuteQuery() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQuery.cs:line 148
at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQuery`1.Where(Expression`1 predicate) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQuery.cs:line 276
at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQueryProvider`1.CreateQuerySmart(MethodCallExpression mce) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQueryProvider.cs:line 59
at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQueryProvider`1.CreateQuery[TElement](Expression expression) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQueryProvider.cs:line 45
at System.Linq.Queryable.Where[TSource](IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate)
at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Extensions.QueryableExtensionMethods.Filter[T](IQueryable`1 list, String filter) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Extensions\QueryableExtensionMethods.cs:line 72
at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.MediaAccessService.GetMovieCount(Nullable`1 provider, String filter) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService\MediaAccessService.cs:line 166
at SyncInvokeGetMovieCount(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there any way to get more information in the logs to indicate what is being loaded when the exception occurs?
    Well, that info is already available from the logs; you just need to find it in the stack trace (and maybe match the stack trace with the code).

What's happening here is that there is a backdrop with an invalid character in your Moving Pictures database, which makes MPExtended choke. Can't say which movie it is without your database though.

(note that the error is happening in GetMovieCount, not while loading an individual movie).

Last edited:

Obelisk

Portal Member
    March 1, 2013
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I should have just went to SQL Lite right away and looked. The issue was with a "|" character I had accidentally added to a path statement when I meant to use "\" for a manually added backdrop. The Moving Pictures configuration tool silently skipped that movie and since I have about 1800 movies I didn't even notice.

After editing the row in SQL Lite everything is working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom