Codecs Reset codecs (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, just did so. Same result in MP/MPCHC/Graphedit with a ATI HD5770. This one is still on catalyst 11.4

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, I gave the programms a whirl. Had to run filmerit in admin mode, and the result is 0 errors. CCcleaner took care of a lot of issues, I just okayed all of em without any thought. And ofcourse... the result is still the same. :confused: Heavy judder.

BUT, I also found out it defenately has something to do with the file itself. When I rename the file from .avi to .mkv the problem is gone! Flawless playback. But as soon as the .avi is restored, the stutter is there.

Could it be I am using an old or buggy mediainfo.dll? Question is ofcourse, could this cause this in the first place.
I am now using latest (todays) SAF6, unlocked. Does SAF make a difference in handling/splitting between mkv's and avi's?

Anyway. I think we can conclude now that it is mainly a file issue, not a codec issue. Weird thing is only, that you dont see the stutter with nvidia.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi edterbak

That's why I just went down the mkv route, and put every file i own through mkvmerge, never had a playback problem since, know some of my earlier problems related to the ffdshow decoder itself, and we are talking about 5-6 years ago, now just so used to mkv, would not consider anything else.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, new development.

I went with SAF6.06 and tried it again. Now, when I set H.264 video to LAV decoder,the stutter is still there. BUT BUT BUT.. when I select Microsoft DTV-DVI decoder or Powerdvd11, all is smooth. I verified it on both systems. So it seems to be solved / clear now. Dont know how or what changed... ?? Does this suggest it is LAV only issue now?

I will post a log with all tests in just a minute.

[edit]

I added the MP log.
    The actions I did: Start MP > Play file using LAV > Change H.264 to Microsoft > Play file > Change H.264 to powerdvd11 > Play file

I tested the same file in Moving Pictures / TV Series / MP Video's. Only from moving pictures I added the log.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there anything that pops up from the logs? Can I contribute more with debugging ? Just curious :D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have news but not solution lol
    Today on my Dev PC, your sample didn't work :) (look at the screenshot)
    This is good because i can reproduce it :)

Attachments

• Stutter_AVI.jpg
      Stutter_AVI.jpg
      53.7 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok using Nvidia (Cuvid) it's ok :)
    But not in DXVA2/None selection (for now).
    I can't test Intel mode.
    Will try to ask Nevcairiel and supply him a sample :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    The answer was quick :) thanks Nevcairiel.

His answer :
    sounds like you renamed mkv to .avi, which will cause such problems, mediainfo should show if it's really an MKV or not

Effectively, it's a MKV file, so just rename it to MKV and it should work :)
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 1
    File size : 202 MiB
    Duration : 43mn 18s
    Overall bit rate : 653 Kbps
    Writing application : DivXMKVMux 3.4.1.0004
    Writing library : libDivXMediaFormat 3.4.1.0004

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom