1.14.0 Resolution of MP change on resume ( maybe when receiver are not ready ) (2 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello mm.
    Yoi are right on order for start mp.
    Its what i try to do. But my wife dont remember this order every time.
    I will try to enable the option you say me above.

Thanks

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Following up on another bug report, I noticed updates in this thread too. :eek::oops:

Seems to me that the problem here is caused by Windows, HDMI, or GPU driver.

@JimCatMP
    There's nothing unusual in the log sections you identified. If Windows' resolution is actually 1280x720 then that's what MP's resolution should/will be as well.

My theory for your situation is as follows.

Windows has applied a default resolution - in your case 1280x720 - between startup and successful GPU driver initialisation and HDMI handshaking. After initialisation and handshaking completes, the resolution should step up to 1920x1080. If you start MP after Windows' resolution has settled to 1920x1080, MP's resolution should also be 1920x1080. On the other hand, if you start MP while Windows' resolution is still 1280x720, MP's resolution will also be 1280x720. So far so good. The question is whether MP handles the step up from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 as it should. Usually MP handles such changes fine... but it's completely reliant on Windows providing a notification that the resolution has changed. If Windows doesn't provide a notification, MP's resolution won't change.
    Big Snip

Due to nature of problem, hard to track, but I can confirm:

1) Windows running at 1920x1080 from boot.
    2) MP 1.14 started on boot running at 1920x1080.
    3) MP 1.14 stopped [from menu] and restarted [no Windows boot and not other actions] has resolution of 1280x720 - so not just a case of MP starting before Windows has settled it's resolution.

One more point: updating to MP 1.15 (or at least 1.14) may change the situation because of a particular bug fix. I think the bug fix went into 1.14 final, but I'm not 100% sure.

That would tally with what I've seen on 1.15 pre - very few instances of wrong resolution and these COULD be MP starting while windows is playing with it's resolution.

Have 1.15 final, but too soon to say if any problem [I've just done 5 restarts and no issues as quick test) and if so, what conditions are, but I'll try and keep a record:cautious:

TTFN - JCMP

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    3) MP 1.14 stopped [from menu] and restarted [no Windows boot and not other actions] has resolution of 1280x720 - so not just a case of MP starting before Windows has settled it's resolution.
    Ahhhh, okay - sorry I misunderstood.
    Are you able to check the Windows resolution between stopping and restarting MP (just in case MP is somehow triggering Windows to change resolution)?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ahhhh, okay - sorry I misunderstood.
    Are you able to check the Windows resolution between stopping and restarting MP (just in case MP is somehow triggering Windows to change resolution)?

No problemo and yes I'll try - but as said, this is now very rare [think only a couple of occasions with 1.15PRE) and until it's happened, I don't know it'll happen:censored: so don't hold your breath;) as it does mean me finding the bluetooth keyboard, getting off bottom, etc etc:sleep:

TTFN - JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom