RESOLVED - recorded programs show 2 files - 1 is 00:00 (2 Viewers)

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
Wellington, NZ
im not sure if this is a bug or not but when i record via the EPG i seem to get 2 files created. 1 that is 00:00 in length and the 2nd which is the full length of the program im recording.

im not at my HTPC so i cant get the bug report thingy to you at the mo but if anyone has any idas on this problem ive got that would be cool

heres that info on my machine

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: (2006-03-30)
MediaPortal Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz
Memory: 255 MB
Motherboard: 07E4h (Compaq)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge 150 - mce
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: unknown
Video Card Model: Radeon 9550 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please explain the steps you are doing so we can try and dulicate this easily.

DMAN

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    dman_lfc said:
    Please explain the steps you are doing so we can try and dulicate this easily.

DMAN

all im doing is opening up the EPG and then selecting a tv program, such as the one tonight - monster garage - (it was going to be playing in about 10 mins from when i kicked it off) and telling it to record. ive tried both advanced record and normal record - only difference was telling the advanced one to do all episodes on that channel.

it seems every program i record has that second file created. its not really a big deal cause i can just delete the extra file.

if you have any ideas of things i should check setting wise just let me know and i will give it a blast.

cheers
    craig

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    i just tried another test - this time recording a program that had already started - and that second file of 00:00 length wasnt there - so it looks like its only scheduled recordings made via epg.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: recorded programs show 2 files - 1 is 00:00 in length

skippy_nz said:
    im not sure if this is a bug or not but when i record via the EPG i seem to get 2 files created. 1 that is 00:00 in length and the 2nd which is the full length of the program im recording.

MediaPortal Version: (2006-03-30)

I have seen this too, but it was a few days and CVSes ago. I'm not sure, but I think it was when some work on the import of old recordings was done. I can't really remember, but I believe I did a reinstall and applied a new CVS which fixed the issue.

I'm not at home right now, so unfortunately I can't check if todays Emmerdale is shown twice or not... :]

//Johannes

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: recorded programs show 2 files - 1 is 00:00 in length

Wbunaarf said:
    I'm not at home right now, so unfortunately I can't check if todays Emmerdale is shown twice or not... :]

Home again. Only one incarnation of todays episode exists in the list.

//Johannes

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I had the same problem these days, recordings showin up to 4 times with only one working...

Il'll try to reproduce this this week-end.

Using last cvs.

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    5teve said:
    hi just some more info...

have you left tv on or off when the recording starts?

Thanks

Steve

i normally make sure that the tv is turned off, but for last nights test i left it on to see what would happen, so i was watching a different channel then the recording switched over to prime and monster garage started recording. it does it both ways - on or off.

also im using the latest cvs but i havent done an uninstall and reinstall to see if that would fix it.

i think that this started happening around the time that RC3 came out, but cant be sure of that.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    skippy_nz said:
    also im using the latest cvs but i havent done an uninstall and reinstall to see if that would fix it.

i think that this started happening around the time that RC3 came out, but cant be sure of that.

I have uninstalled RC2 last CVS but I kept my configuration file and then installed RC3, BUT i'm pretty sure that's this problem began a few days before the RC3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom