[Resolved] Strange apostrophe issue (1 Viewer)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    All of a sudden, some shows with an apostrophe in the title render correctly, some don't, the apostrophe is displayed as "'". "Marvel's Jessica Jones" is fine, but "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" is not. See the attached screenshot. I'm guessing this is an issue with the data coming from thetvdb.com, since it affects some shows but not others, and the plugin hasn't changed recently, but any idea what to do about it?

16-03-23.png

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    All of a sudden, some shows with an apostrophe in the title render correctly, some don't, the apostrophe is displayed as "'". "Marvel's Jessica Jones" is fine, but "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" is not. See the attached screenshot. I'm guessing this is an issue with the data coming from thetvdb.com, since it affects some shows but not others, and the plugin hasn't changed recently, but any idea what to do about it?

View attachment 198393
    Go to the source on www.thetvdb.com and copy the apostrophe from "Jessica Jones" to the ones that isn't working and the refetch the series in MP.

(the problem should be that there are used to different apostrophes, even they "look" the same)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Unfortunately the records are locked on thetvdb, so ordinary users like me can't make that edit. I can post on their forums (once I get approved for posting) and try to get a mod to make the necessary changes, but since the records look ok when viewed on thetvdb website, they may not consider it an error.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay... If its looked on www.thetvdb.com it makes it a little more problematic...
    But I will recommend a change request on the thetvdb forum (they usually answer very quickly), before code change in MP TV-series

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmm, since I took that screenshot, "Marvel's Jessica Jones" is now borked as well, so at least it is consistent.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks ltfearme (y).

A bunch of other people reported this in thetvdb forums yesterday while I was waiting to be approved, it seems to be affecting a whole bunch of shows (including Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, from your current trakt banner), so at least they are aware at that end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom