Restored backup but plugins missing (1 Viewer)

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

After backing Mediaportal folder from c:\Programdata\Team Mediaportal, I restored it on a new build (after performing a clean install of MediaPortal Client). After starting upo the client, I see some of the settings from the restore were picked up but all the plugins were missing. Of course, I don't want to reinstall the plugins again. The backup was from a MediaPortal 1.30 installation and the restore was for a clean install of MediaPortal 1.30.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    After starting up the client, I see some of the settings from the restore were picked up but all the plugins were missing.
    I have never tried to do what you have done (the only plugins that I use are the ones included with the standard MP install), but I observe that C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\ has plugins folders in both the MP folder and in the TV Server folder. Note that this is Program Files (x86), and not ProgramData.

So it looks to me as though you need to backup and restore the "Team MediaPortal" folders in both "Program Files (x86)" and "ProgramData". But this won't backup and restore settings in the registry. I don't know how much use of the registry is made by MP and TV Server, but there is at least one TV Server setting that lives in the registry (I use it), namely the one to clean-up the genre values for UK DVB-T broadcasts.

Warning: I have never tried doing what you have done, and restoring the "Team MediaPortal" folder in "Program Files (x86)" might corrupt your system, so I suggest creating a drive image of your "C:" drive before making any changes.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    T
    I have never tried to do what you have done (the only plugins that I use are the ones included with the standard MP install), but I observe that C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\ has plugins folders in both the MP folder and in the TV Server folder. Note that this is Program Files (x86), and not ProgramData.

So it looks to me as though you need to backup and restore the "Team MediaPortal" folders in both "Program Files (x86)" and "ProgramData". But this won't backup and restore settings in the registry. I don't know how much use of the registry is made by MP and TV Server, but there is at least one TV Server setting that lives in the registry (I use it), namely the one to clean-up the genre values for UK DVB-T broadcasts.

Warning: I have never tried doing what you have done, and restoring the "Team MediaPortal" folder in "Program Files (x86)" might corrupt your system, so I suggest creating a drive image of your "C:" drive before making any changes.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the Program Files (x86) requires backing up too. I did read the wiki (Backup and Restore)

I will give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom