Resume from Hibernation bug? (1 Viewer)

flexi

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi

Does the same happens if MP it's left in Home & hib after x minutes by itself?

Do you mean via the power scheduler plug-in?

What SVN build are you using? Is hibernate, standby and shutdown working correctly with this build?

I can do some more tests (e.g. shutdown/hibernate via home screen power button, shutdown/hibernate via power scheduler plug-in,....) and upload the logs if this is going to help.

Your help is highly appreciated! :D

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yup use PS scheduler plugin to susp/hib & then wake up again with remote or whatever you use ;)
    I'm on latest available SVN all the time...

Regards
    Roy

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    I have been having similar issues. I have tested SVN 14036, 14052 and 14405. And they have the same issue. Whether I use power scheduler or manualy put the computer into standby. When I try to resume from standby with the remote (MCE) all I get is a black screen. So all I can do is ctrl + alt + del and stop MP. When this happens both the mediaportal and error log are GB in size. When I try to open them I get an error saying there too big to open.

flexi

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I upgraded to yesterdays SVN build.
    The behavior is a bit different, but still hibernate is not working as expected.
    It takes about 3 minutes until hibernation starts. During this time I can see the windows desktop. Then the system hibernates.

After waking up the system it shuts itself down and powers off.

Unfortunately I did not have enough time to investigate further or to do the test with the power scheduler plug-in. I will try to do those tests this evening.

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    hi flexi,
    works here since yesterdays svn AND reboot. seemed that the installer didn´t finish the registration cleanly? as my system is only going to standby i cant tell you how it works with hibernation!
    unfortunately some mce remote functions aren´t working perfectly now, but i´ve to check if svn is the reason for!
    good luck, LX.

flexi

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Yesterday I did a BIOS upgrade/downgrade marathon and tested about 12 different BIOS versions. Unfortunately I didn't find a version with which Standby works reliable. But maybe it is not the Motherboard/BIOS but another device which is preventing correct wake-up from S3 :(

I did some hibernation tests too. I have some new findings.

- Hibernation via home-screen power button works well :)

- Hibernation via MCE Remote (via IRtrans) does not work. :(
    MP switches to home screen, MP GUI disappears, a windows error message pops-up for just a second (I could not yet figure out what it says), nothing happens for about 1 to 2 minutes then finally the system hibernates. However the wake-up process does not work since after wake-up the systems shuts down immediately before even showing MP GUI. Unfortunately I can't find any useful hints in the logs.
    The remote control mapping is configured as follows: Power button --> all layers, no condition, power down, hibernate

- I could not test hibernation via power scheduler plug-in since according to the logs WebEPG plug-in was always preventing hibernation. I have to disable this plug-in to do further tests

At least there was some improvement and hibernation via home screen power button works now.

What I can't understand is why it is not working (or at least why it ist working differently) via the remote control.

Any ideas, hints, tips? :D

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    hmm, sounds strange!
    i´ve had some issues where windows shutted down immediately after logon each time as i tried to move my xp installation from one disk to another via full system backup and restore. but this problem isn´t similar to yours, is it?
    yesterday i recognized another issue, where during recording the channel was switched so it continued to record the other channel without any action from me!! very strange things are happening atm. have u tried a clean installation of the actual release 0.2.2.0? as suggested you should make a clean installation an configuration and copy it to another folder. due to that you´ve got the option to just copy it over and start from this with svn. sometimes this procedure helped me!
    cheers & good luck , LX.

flexi

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It is a fresh installation!
    since I have nothing in the movie-db and I do not have a very complicated mp config (no TV) I am always doing fresh mp installations, meaning, backup the old config, uninstall mp, delete mp folder, install latest stable release, install latest svn, config mp

strange indeed!

By the way it is running on a 3weeks old winXP installation. Nothing else is running on this machine, xp is fully patched, driver are not older than 4 weeks.

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    curious!
    have you ever googled about known issues with your mobo and stdby/hibernate?
    (i´m loosing ideas now!)

flexi

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Yes I did. Unfortunately I did not find anything useful.
    The annoying thing is, that I cant even figure out what part is causing the wakeup problem.

But standby not working is not the topic of this thread since it is was never working on this PC. So don't waste your energy on this ;)

Hibernating however is. Hibernating is working fine via home screen power button but not via remote control. Here I would be glad and thankful for a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom