Resuming from standby causes MP to hang/crash (1 Viewer)

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I powered up this client around 9:40am, made some adjustments, put it to sleep and I powered it back up around 10:02am, went into LiveTV, selected a channel to watch. I got a black screen with audio and was able to press the STOP button on the remote and exit MP.

Here's a couple logs.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Can i just confirm.. is everyone else having successful suspend/waking behaviour under win7?

Yes works fine for me, but then my power settings are set for max performance, just to cut down on any possible delay with devices.

Did you change your BIOS to S1 for this? I did the same but wasnt happy with my system being at that level of power for standby.

I have a Win7 system in our living-room that doesn't return from sleep mode properly. We hit the power off button on our Logitech remote and that shuts off the TV, Stereo and Computer.

When we come back, the power on sequence for our "Watch TV" activity turns on the TV and Stereo, but we have to manually press the power button on the computer to get it back.

Thanks, not quite the same problem as me though. My system doesnt even send a video signal to the TV when waking (in fact im not even sure the processor is powered up). Im going to firstly try updating my BIOS to f10 beta (from f4!) and then im going to try MCE standby Tool

Slick Solutions - Downloads

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom