Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks, Kirky. That's brilliant! (being a Guinness lover myself):D

kirky

Portal Member
    April 30, 2006
    Townsville, Oz
    Home Country
    This is a little off topic, but could someone explain to me why i would use MyFilms, and not My Videos?

What are the differences?

My complaints with MyVideos is that it doesn't auto scan for new movies, and the imdb scanner is pretty much the pits..

Hey mate

in a nutshell, My Films is for those of us who like to have full control over their movie catalogue, using a 3rd party catalogue tool like ANT Movie Catalog - http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/
    So you enter in all your movie details, d/l HQ coverart, add extra comments, etc via ANT, then save it as an XML, and point the My Films plugin to the XML and presto.
    (ANT has a few scripts to allow for info imports from IMDB and a variety of other sites.)

Note that this plugin does not auto-scan or allow for manual scans from within Mediaportal - you have to manually update the ANT catalogue for new items to show up. There are tools on the ANT site that allow you to mass import your media library.

Check out the My Films section of these forums (in the Hot Plugins section) for more info!

NB.- The new version (4.2) now support DVD Profiler.

kirky

Portal Member
    April 30, 2006
    Townsville, Oz
    Home Country
    Thanks, Kirky. That's brilliant! (being a Guinness lover myself):D

No worries! I'll likely be working it over a bit more on the weekend, so will PM Psycho Reptile the results for inclusion in the next release.

I wanna make the covers bigger and fix up a few more slight alignment probs.

BTW, great skin Psycho! :)

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    Love this skin, but with the 43007 SVN release I'm getting hangups often when I hit an extra ESC char in order to go back 1 screen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    ERIC

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ kirky, I'd appreciate that ;). Obviously you actively use MyFilms, I don't.

@ egandt, current svn releases use build numbers like this - 14xxx. What release are you talking about?

seven5

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2007
    @ kirky, thanks for the info. I think imigh give it a try. I"m notreally happy with MyVideos, in that the imdb importer is kinda crappy, and thers no auto scan...

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a setting somewhere that I can adjust to add a fourth series to the list. Don't know if it's my setup, just would like to fill the bottom space. Thanks again.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    and thers no auto scan...
    Yes it is, in the configuration.

maybe i'm crazy, but i dont see the option to have movies auto scan anywhere.

Maybe i missunderstod what you ment but, what i ment was that you could autocan selected folders in the configuration by go to movies->Movie database->"scan"-tab->(select the folders) and then press "update database from selected shares".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom