MP2 - V2.1 Rewind function in Media Portal 2.1.1 does not work (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastor

November 7, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.1

Description
The rewind function no matter how initiated through keyboard or mouse, does not function. It does show "initiation" with screen freeze but then continues to "play" in forward direction at 1x speed.

Forward works fine.

Slider works for recorded TV but not for Live TV timeshift.

Steps to Reproduce:
Action:

Click on "rewind" icon in bottom right video menu only freezes the video for a second and then continues playing forward. "rewind" icon does show as being selected by mouse.

Click on "forward" icon and video forwards as expected.

Keyboard keys navigation manually to "rewind" icon and hitting "enter" displays the same behavior.

Slider does not function at all rewind or forward.

Context:

This occurs either in live TV mode or with scheduled recordings. The only difference is that I am able to manually use the slider in recordings to move backward in a video.

Timeshift settings seem to be fine, observing the directory shows the temp files being created and growing during playback of Live TV.

Both skins of "default" and WMC have been tried, behavior is the same.

rastor

November 7, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ah, while I did search the forums on "rewind", it apparently did not find the thread that discusses this issue.

But I did manually find it in 2.1 Forum so ... Filter/decoder etc., does not support this apparently with regards to ts files.

So, not really sure what to do about this particularly when slider does not work either.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This occurs either in live TV mode or with scheduled recordings. The only difference is that I am able to manually use the slider in recordings to move backward in a video.
    The slider in TV is not clickable by mouse yet, so at the moment timeshift works only with keyboard/remote. I think it can be implemented, but due to limited resources it won't have higher priority at the moment. You could add it as feature request in the corresponding section and if you're lucky a dev picks it up as it seems not too complicated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom