Rework DeployTool (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just give the installer a quick test and everything works as expected. :) Did a clean install from a GIT version.
    1.jpg

I could start the docs and someone else from Docs team can review it?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice one @Holzi :)

We have to add new information in Wiki Bump Version help.
    We have to set the current value in code when we doing the bump between final version, i'm not @ home right now, but that addon need to be make only for internal wiki (for us).

Sorry if my explanation is not fully good :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Docs: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...New/1.5.x/DeployTool_changes/Installer_rework

Feel free to review. ;)

Maybe it would be nice to have a more meaningful title than 'Installer rework' but I didn't come up with one...

Thanks for helping on the What's New pages, Holzi :)
    I've moved this page to What's New > 1.5.x > Installer (Deploy Tool) to follow the structure of when it was last updated in MP 1.3.x.

Be careful when using heavily compressed .jpg images. It is especially bad when it comes to red text like in our Deploy Tool: "the open source media center". I prefer to use .png images for Configuration screenshots however screenshots of video or full screen busy skins might be too large.

I also changed the Related Wiki Page to Getting Started > Installing MediaPortal > Installer (Deploy Tool) > Select Options as this is the page that will be updated once MP 1.5 is released. And finally I've added a UI Changelog template to the bottom of the target page to show the Changes in the upcoming release table.http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...al/1_Installer_(Deploy_Tool)/0_Select_Options

dark41

February 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like this thread is old, but just so you're aware I upgraded 1.4 to 1.6 final last night and still got "invalid file handle 32". Google search took me to this thread. Then it froze while downloading Titan skin (probably dropout on my end) so had to redo installation, and still got invalid file handle 32 error. Reading through, it doesn't seem to be an important error so I won't worry about it, but thought you would want to know about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom