Rework DeployTool (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, fresh is fresh :) if it was easy to add (maybe i can look @ it) but i don't think it's an easy task, so for me fresh is to get start on fresh install to avoid old broken setting in there :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seb, only missing option for keep setting on freshinstall

No!!!!!!

Fresh install is fresh install. Now it is possible to reinstall the current version without losing settings, there is no point in having a fresh install but keeping settings. This would be far too confusing and will lead to more false bug reports, so more work for the team.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    With the latest fix I don't see the error, but please bear in mind that I didn't see it just before the latest fix, so all this proves is that the latest fix doesn't do any harm.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Eh, elliot about update plugin ? :D
    Sure, i prefer have this function for update plugin instead of keep setting !
    bth_ThroughDoorSmiley.gif

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @elliottmc
    Thanks Seb, if working now, it's missing few things, for have the better experience for user : - Update plugins installed

Question : We have lot of bad report for update installation, 80% are related to Plugins !!! we can't have an solution for update plugins after MP installation in deploytool ? [X] Update plugins installed (default checked in Advanced mode) option plugins.1(2).png

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Ah, a separate issue then. We should make sure we treat issues separately so that we can get one issue merged without having to wait until absolutely everything in a similar area is done.

Do we have a startup switch for MPEI to allow it to be run and silently update all installed extensions? If not, I would say that this is the simplest way to deal with this.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    So, to get things back on focus, we need people to test the build in the first post and report whether they have problems. In particular, you should be looking for an error dialog popping up during install/upgrade/reinstall of MediaPortal.

Please help so we can get this into master ASAP.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, so we don't have as much testing as we would like, but what we have is positive.

I'd say we have to take the view that this is ready and should be merged (docs?) and then if there are any issues they will be found during 1.5.0 pre-release testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom