Rii Mini Keyboard & Mouse (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi guys

I am also now using a rii mini on my htpc. So far very satisfied.

Has anyone maybe written a script to get the missing function keys (F9-F12)?

Peterpack

Portal Member
    April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    I bought one of these Rii mini keyboards and really liked it but found it not responsiveness enough which was disappointing

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Strange. Mine is very responsive. Maybe you should try another frequency.

Only thing that bothers me is that the touchpad sometimes click when you just want to move the mouse. Wish I could disable that...

Peterpack

Portal Member
    April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    I'll try that mate

When i mean unresponsive, what happens is when you haven't used it for a while, it seems to take a bit of time to 'warm up' before the navigation buttons work and overall was just a bit flakey

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Maybe you are referring to the inbuilt power saving feature. When not used for a while, you need to press a button for the device to wake again. And if I recall correctly the touchpad does not wake it.

If you are referring to that, then no use to try other frequency.

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Mine takes a moment or two to warm up - I use it as a secondary device now, for when I want to type something, so I leave it off much of the time. However, from switching it on, to being able to use it, takes a couple of seconds. Granted, when comparing against a device that is always on like a remote, I could imagine that is frustrating.

I use the double-tap on the mouspad in place of clicking a far bit - mostly just because I am used to it on my laptop.

partho

October 20, 2010
    Does anyone know where i can buy the USB dongle this RII keyboard comes with. My kids broke the one it came with but the keyboard/mouse is brand new. I would like to know where i can buy another 2.4G USB dongle that would work with this.

Also does anyone who the who makes this Rii Mini keyboard/mouse? The Manufacturer site would help. I can't find the website to see if i can order another dongle.

Is there a Universal dongle available that would work with this keyboard?
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Sorry - I cant help. I have been through the box and instructions again just now, and there's no mention of the manufacturer at all. It's a Chinese origin I think, based on the style of English used on the instructions booklet, but I doubt that helps you narrow it down. Can you raid the kids piggy-banks, and explain you will pay them back when they are 40?

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom