Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (3 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Rockstar 2.0 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

Here a Dutch one.. Every Dutch guy here may take a look.. Maybe some translations can be better :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I see that exposing plugin name to skin is on the to-do list, can you also add skin controls to expose the selected service name (Spotify & Grooveshark)?

I would like to add the selected service label and logo to the skin and a "Powered by RockStar" logo to the hidden menu (like the "Powered by Last.FM" logo in Maya).

:D great plugin!

- Chuck

C4tweazle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

After install, when i open plugins in MP-Configuration, get the following error: Failed to locate assembly'Common.Utils, Version = 1.1.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the mediaportal folder. The execution will now end.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

After install, when i open plugins in MP-Configuration, get the following error: Failed to locate assembly'Common.Utils, Version = 1.1.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the mediaportal folder. The execution will now end.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks

Are you using MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta ?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I see that exposing plugin name to skin is on the to-do list, can you also add skin controls to expose the selected service name (Spotify & Grooveshark)?

I would like to add the selected service label and logo to the skin and a "Powered by RockStar" logo to the hidden menu (like the "Powered by Last.FM" logo in Maya).

:D great plugin!

- Chuck

Hi Chuck!

I'm not sure how this would actually work since both Spotify and Grooveshark can be enabled at the same time.

Of course when playing a track, it would be possible to set a property telling what is the source of the track.

I'm not sure what you had in mind... :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

I'm not sure how this would actually work since both Spotify and Grooveshark can be enabled at the same time.

Of course when playing a track, it would be possible to set a property telling what is the source of the track.

I'm not sure what you had in mind... :)

That, I didn't realize (another of my "duh" moments).... I only have Grooveshark activated. I will have to rethink.

If the (custom) logos for Spotify or Grooveshark could be included in the list views of tracks/playlist as a prefix for each list item and exposed to the skin when a song is playing ... I like that idea. No need to show the service label.

Thanks!

- Chuck

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Thank you for great plugin Rockstar SECO :). You rock!!

Just want to know if the problem loading some playlists are on your todo list?

Any plans on making the view of covers even better looking maybe some kind Coverflow. There have been another attempt to create a spotify plugin some time ago and maybe you have seen the coverflow in that plugin and know what I mean?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

Is there a chance of separating the duration from #Rockstar.SelectedTrack.TrackName as a separate label in the skin? Maybe #Rockstar.SelectedTrack.TrackDuration ?

Thanks

- Chuck

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

Hi seco -

Love this plugin. It's simple to setup and use and it just works ;-)

I am in the process of skinning it for Fidelity. Is it possible to get the number of items in the lists (listcontrol and playlist) for display? #itemcount does not seem to be getting set.

Also, would you be willing to open source this plugin so that some of us could help you maintain and improve it? (just asking :)

Thanks for all your hard work!

:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom