Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (6 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Rockstar 2.0 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

I was trying to cheat a Now Playing screen in Rockstar... I was able to get one working in Last.FM, using modified code from Maya, but the same technique doesn't seem to work. I tried to exit the playlist view when music is playing (anytime, really) to focus on a button, setting some visibility variables to show an alternate layout of the screen approriate for a Now Playing screen. But it always activates the hidden menu instead.

I think I can add an "ondown" action to the last entry in the hidden menu to hide the menu and other screen details to reveal an alternate screen layout.

It would be easier if a Now Playing screen was built-in to Rockstar. Jumping to the Music/NowPlaying screen isn't as friendly as hoped, especially if the music stream halts for some reason. Then you have to back out of the NowPlaying screen back to Rockstar and go through all the selections needed to get back to the playlist so you can continue with the next song. Also, when you enter the NowPlaying screen during a song, it doesn't get all the track information until the next song in the playlist starts.

Well, it just seems that way to me.

Chuck

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Fidelity skin for Rockstar

Hi all,

Attached is a first pass skin file for the Fidelity skin. A few issues:

• There is no #itemcount set by the plugin so we can't display the number of items in either the playlist or the search result.
    • I can't get the music overlay to display on any rockstar windows; is this a problem with the plugin or am I doing something wrong?
    • Need a playlist image that works better with the Fidelity theme.

Try it out... Fidelity is a great skin!

Attachments

• rockstar.xml
      7.3 KB

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I was trying to cheat a Now Playing screen in Rockstar... I was able to get one working in Last.FM, using modified code from Maya, but the same technique doesn't seem to work. I tried to exit the playlist view when music is playing (anytime, really) to focus on a button, setting some visibility variables to show an alternate layout of the screen approriate for a Now Playing screen. But it always activates the hidden menu instead.

I think I can add an "ondown" action to the last entry in the hidden menu to hide the menu and other screen details to reveal an alternate screen layout.

It would be easier if a Now Playing screen was built-in to Rockstar. Jumping to the Music/NowPlaying screen isn't as friendly as hoped, especially if the music stream halts for some reason. Then you have to back out of the NowPlaying screen back to Rockstar and go through all the selections needed to get back to the playlist so you can continue with the next song. Also, when you enter the NowPlaying screen during a song, it doesn't get all the track information until the next song in the playlist starts.

Well, it just seems that way to me.

Chuck

MP inbuilt Now Playing screen does not and will not work with Rockstar. I spent several days investigating the MP code which really is not plugin friendly and probably was never designed for that.

Built-in Now Playing screen is on the todo-list but not very hight on the priority..

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: Fidelity skin for Rockstar

Hi all,

Attached is a first pass skin file for the Fidelity skin. A few issues:

• There is no #itemcount set by the plugin so we can't display the number of items in either the playlist or the search result.
    • I can't get the music overlay to display on any rockstar windows; is this a problem with the plugin or am I doing something wrong?
    • Need a playlist image that works better with the Fidelity theme.

Try it out... Fidelity is a great skin!

Thanks for the contribution.

1. I will add #itemcount in the next version of the plugin

2. I think there is quite few skins that use overlay fine, you might have some exotic visiblity conditions that are not met but I can take a quick look.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

I finally have a working NowPlaying screen using visibility variables in the hidden menu. It will now hide the menu when NowPlaying button is in focus, and return to menu display on any direction move. The menu is still active with the NowPlaying button textcolor=000000 (but not made invisible)

I'm content.

- Chuck

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

I finally have a working NowPlaying screen using visibility variables in the hidden menu. It will now hide the menu when NowPlaying button is in focus, and return to menu display on any direction move. The menu is still active with the NowPlaying button textcolor=000000 (but not made invisible)

I'm content.

- Chuck

Could you please share your xml files for this? Sounds like great work!

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

Hi Seco -

A few ideas for your consideration...
    • Seems like "Delete Playlist" should be in the context menu for the selected playlist in the playlists window.
    • Would like to have a "Rename Playlist" option along with Refresh and Delete on the same menu.

Is there anyway to have visualization running while listening to Rockstar music?

Again, thanks for such a great plugin!!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I'm content.

- Chuck

Good job.. Can you share your configuration with Seco? Maybe he can implementate it in the next version! :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

I'm content.

- Chuck

Could you please share your xml files for this? Sounds like great work!

Sure....

It is based on the Default 4:3 skin with media files from Maya (plus some Maya xml code), plus a couple custom masks for fanart. I still have a little tweaking, but it pretty much is complete.

Sample images show:
    1. playlist (with selected item info)
    2. Menu with media playing (showing now playing info) --- navigate down to NowPlaying button to see NowPlaying screen.
    3. NowPlaying screen display.

Attachments

• 14-15-05.png
      14-15-05.png
      379.2 KB
    • 14-15-21.png
      14-15-21.png
      277.8 KB
    • 14-15-55.png
      14-15-55.png
      354.6 KB
    • rockstar.xml
      24.4 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Thanks,

Well, It's now using Mediaportal's NowPlaying, but the buttons don't work here when you are in the nowplaying screen. Can't pauze, stop etc a song.. But maybe does Seco now know the trick and can develop it to the right way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom