Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (8 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: Rockstar 2.0.2 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

I can't agree that $120 USD per year is too much for almost unlimited music that can be listened anywhere. Spotify is not a "radio" and I also believe that Spotify cannot be compared to Last.Fm/Pandora since you cannot really choose there what you really want to listen to on a track level. I haven't used my local MP3 collection for a long time.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I think Spotify is a bargain for £120 a year.. saves me faffing with MP3's or trying to organise them etc..

Rockstar is an awesome plugin too, I love it!

Is there any way to get a visualiser working with Rockstar plugin or any plans to incorporate one? My kids love watching the one on itunes but I prefer to use Spotify through MePo!

abbamust

January 23, 2010
    Geilo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Hi

Still can't load my Spotify playlists.
    I can search and play files.

I use MP 1.2.0.0 Beta and Rockstar 2.0.2.
    :confused::confused:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

I have a requist.. An option to remember searchs history.. Is that possible?

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia

Hi
    Without having to read through all the posts can someone tell me where the download for rockstar 1.0.3 has gone. I'm running MP 1.1.3 and would rather an earlier version of this plugin. Can anyone help please

OK it seems there is NO version compatible with the last major version of MP that being 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 for those on windows 7. This happens all the time with these plugins, is there a major technical hurdle to compiling the plugin against those versions? After all I like most people want a stable environment for MP and would rather not be running beta software (1.2) and have problems with all the other plugins.

So is it a big ask to do a release for 1.1.x ?

Thanks for your hard work

Cheers

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi
    Without having to read through all the posts can someone tell me where the download for rockstar 1.0.3 has gone. I'm running MP 1.1.3 and would rather an earlier version of this plugin. Can anyone help please

OK it seems there is NO version compatible with the last major version of MP that being 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 for those on windows 7. This happens all the time with these plugins, is there a major technical hurdle to compiling the plugin against those versions? After all I like most people want a stable environment for MP and would rather not be running beta software (1.2) and have problems with all the other plugins.

So is it a big ask to do a release for 1.1.x ?

Thanks for your hard work

Cheers

Hi,

Unfortunately it is too much trouble to maintain two different versions for MP 1.1.3 and 1.2.0 Beta.

I can highly recommend installing MP 1.2.0 Beta which I've been running on my HTPC for a few months now. Just make sure that none of the current known issues will bother you.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

??

Also another question: Why is it not possible to pauze tracks? Is this because the plugin is not use Mediaportal's internal player? Are you still developing this plugin, and will be there any updates in the near future? :)

Thanks for this plugin!

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hello,

??

Also another question: Why is it not possible to pauze tracks? Is this because the plugin is not use Mediaportal's internal player? Are you still developing this plugin, and will be there any updates in the near future? :)

Thanks for this plugin!

Both of these features are already on the roadmap:

All open issues Tickets | Rockstar Space | Assembla

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

??

Thanks for this plugin!

Both of these features are already on the roadmap:

All open issues Tickets | Rockstar Space | Assembla

Allright, thanks, didn't see that.. Any idea when we can expect a new version? :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

Rockstar doesn't work here anymore! Maybe again a change in the api?

Also a feature requist: On grooveshark.com, when you typ something in the search field, there are also search-suggestions.. That would be awesome to see in the plugin!

And another point. I have played a bit with the grooveshark plugin for xbmc when I was by a friend that use xbmc. That plugin is really awesome.. Maybe you can take a look to it for some good inspiration! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom