Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (4 Viewers)

DutchAdept

Portal Member
March 30, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
So to get straight to the point: too many things to fix and on top of that having to replace the currently used API with a half-baked web-API which doesn't even support the actual audio stream. I don't have nearly enough spare time to start tackling this, so unless I get really (and I mean really) bored, I won't touch this with a ten foot stick.
Here are some pointers for anyone else giving it a go:

- You need to have RdioSharp.dll referenced (kreeger/RdioSharp)
- You also need Torshify.dll (torshy/torshify) and newtonsoft's JSON (NuGet) referenced.
- I personally would remove all Rdio and GrooveShark routines, calls, methods and references (most of it has already been cleared out of the source)
- To get the source compiled correctly remove all NLog (logger) calls and references from the source (at least that's what was needed on my system)
- The plugin should function when compiled against the libraries of the current Mediaportal release (and after bumping version in the source). Mind you: only play/stop/next/prev, search and default playlist functionality are working properly.

- I recommend SpotifyAPI-NET (JohnnyCrazy/SpotifyAPI-NET) for easy integration of the web-API into VS.

Personal note: I guess it is tempting to make a hybrid plugin as a quick fix: use web-api for playlist and metadata handling, and keep using Torshify for the actual streaming/audio rendering, but since it's not clear for how long the libspotify.dll will keep functioning this would be a dead end in my opinion.

Last edited:

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I would like to listen my music from my Spotify Premium accompt.
    I installed Rockstar 2.5.4V2mpe1 in MP1.24 (Titanium skin).
    Rockstar displays well in Mediaportal but my personal music from Spotify does not display (my login and password are ok)
    If someone could help me...
    Here are the rockstar logs.

Attachments

• Rockstar.log
      2.8 KB

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @DutchAdept and @seco,

can you tell us were the community found the last source code?

@DutchAdept give it a online place were you have published the newest
    SourceCode whis your mentioned changes?

It wourld be very nice when "Rockstar" can be updated in the further, so that currently lost function
    (Playlist) work again and the plugin can easier updated because old source code is deletet.

Entdecker

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ajs,
    today I wrote to the developer from Rockstar and asked him again if he could put the sourcecode
    directly into the Rockstar forum entry.

After looking at the source code, "DutchAdept" had not published it for everyone.
    Because "DutchAdept" has not been on the forum since 2018, I hope "Seco" will help us again.

Entdecker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom