RSS "News" Pluging (myrss.xml) - Missing or invalide file - dialogProgress.xml (1 Viewer)

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Developer, Dear @catavolt ,

Sebastiii give me the advice to open a new topic for a old know problem, that fall into oblivion.

At MediaPortal 1.7x we found a "Skin" problem in MediaPortal integratet "RSS Newsfeed Plugin". That since MediaPortal 1.7x has survive.

The problem was, if you use the integratet "RSS News Plugin" every time when you open the "RSS News Plugin" you get a error message:

"Missing or invalide file: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\dialogProgress.xml"

When you check the path you will found the needed file so the error message is wrong. We can found the Skin problem with "Titan" and "StreamedMP" Skin.

The complett discritiption from 2014 you can find under:

"News" Pluging (myrss.xml) - Missing or invalide file - dialogProgress.xml, Web EPG problem

When someone have question please ask us.

Musikliebhaber

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all: The RSS plugin is no longer supported since ages ;)
    Pls use the infoservice plugin which is well supported in all skins ;)

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @catavolt
    thank you for your reply. I think that is a good decision because the plugin is realy better then the "RSSNews" plugin and we us it since a longer time. It is pity that it is not direct including from Mediaportal.

- Only one objection do you think it is not better to remove the not supported "RSSNews" plug in from MediaPortal? What is the reason to have a plugin in MediaPortal that will not correct work and is not supported ;-)

Musikliebhaber

Last edited:

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I hope our questionoure has help to remember to an in oblivion falled problem. And maybe in the future the "Info Service Plugin" come directly whis MediaPortal !?

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all, Hi @catavolt and @ajs

today I seen "Sebastii" found the problem from the " RSS "News" Pluging (myrss.xml)"

More see :

Some "m2ts" Videofile will not playing correct.

and we have test the last "madVR" Version whis the " RSS "News" Pluging (myrss.xml)" fix from MediaPortal 1.16 MadVR Version.

The problem is fixt. Now the Plugin works whis no problem, again !

So I think this problem is definitive finisht because the plugin works.

Musikliebhaber

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom