RSS Ticker (4 Viewers)

Sambal

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
BTW: It is much easier to maintain this plugin if you put the respective controls into a "common.rss.xml" which than can be imported easily into the different skin files. I made it this way to simplify the process of implementation.

I leave implementation in skins up to the skinners. But you are right, that's an easy way to include the rss feed in multiple screens.

Please don't hesitate to post feature requests!

@MoPhat
I don't think it is possible the way it is implemented at the moment. It would be nice though so if i find a way it will be included.

@catavolt
Noted.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @MoPhat
    I don't think it is possible the way it is implemented at the moment. It would be nice though so if i find a way it will be included.
    Noted.

Hi, if you fill the label with something like this:

Code:
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#rssfeed", value);

then i know what you mean, in this case the plugin should know if the label is filled and displayed and whitch position of the string is displayed... i dont know if this its possible... :confused:

anyway, thx
    MoPhat

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The feed reading is using the same code as the MediaPortal news plugin. If i try the feed you mention in the news plugin i get an error saying it is unable to download the latest news.

I'll see if i can find out what is causing this later on.

kalinium1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Sambai,
    First thanks for your plugin, it works great. Been waiting for something like this a long time.
    Is it possible to add an option to determine the scroll direction?
    I'll explain... In some languages, you write from right to left, so if I add a feed in my language (hebrew), it starts from the end, and goes backwards.
    Is it hard to implement?
    Thanks again :)

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to add an option to determine the scroll direction?

This plugin uses the default MediaPortal controls to display information on screen. Unfortunatly the fadelabel is limited in possible settings. Because you cannot change the scroll direction for the control you therefore cannot change it for this plugin.

I've uploaded RSSTicker plugin 1.0 version to the plugins section. The packaged version supports autorefresh which the OP version lacks and it also contains needed xmls for BlueTwo and BlueTwo wide.

aeonRssWeather.png
    For those of you who want the latest and greatest. I've been doing some testing with weather. Please try it and let me know of any issues. Just download the attached files. The plugin uses the general MP Weather settings. No need to configure anything else atm.

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

Conflicted

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Sambal,

First of, thanks. I was really looking forward to this :)

The plugin it self works fine for me, but it colides a little bit with the skin when you have TV on and minimized while in the Basic menu. (At least for me)

See picture 1 for that.

The second thing is more of a request, maybe I should ask for this in the Aeon Wide forum though.
    When moving up for the "control buttons" - Exit button and so on..
    It conflicts with the date/time. - Is that something you can take a glance at too when you have the time?

See picture 2 for that

Anyway, great work!

Attachments

• aeon_tv_problem1.jpg
      aeon_tv_problem1.jpg
      102.1 KB
    • aeon_tv_problem2.jpg
      aeon_tv_problem2.jpg
      135.1 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sambal,

A BIG :D for your new version including weather! Excellent work! Screenshot for PureVisionHD and common.rss.xml.

Attachments

• BasicHome with RSS and Weather.jpg
      BasicHome with RSS and Weather.jpg
      112.9 KB
    • common.rss.xml
      30.6 KB

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can anyone upload the original Windowplugins.dll ?? (\plugins\Windows)
    Thanks

kalinium1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    This plugin uses the default MediaPortal controls to display information on screen. Unfortunatly the fadelabel is limited in possible settings. Because you cannot change the scroll direction for the control you therefore cannot change it for this plugin.

ok... thanks anyway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom