RSS Ticker (4 Viewers)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sambal, I've gotta say this works beautifully and it was a great idea to just use a fadelabel instead of trying to put some kind of weird overlay on the screen. I've got an idea, though. How about allowing users to define different labels (ie #rssfeed-music, #rssfeed-movies, etc) so that you could have music news on music screens, movie news on movie screens, tv news on tv screens..you see what I'm getting at here.

JakeyMouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2008
Home Country
England England
Great work dude, very glad someone else upped a plugin version of this as work was starting to get atop of me.

Will give it a download, and see what its like!

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
nice plugin sambal
i have a problem though:
the image i select is not fitting into the rss ticker bar. although the code says to resize to 140x35 and no aspect ratio, the rss ticker plugin still maintains the original size. what can i do to make it fit?

thanks,

kian

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
what about fireing up photoshop or whatever to resize it yourself?
That's how I did it, took me about a minute

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
whats the size you applied? just asking to save time, and of ourse to share with others ;)

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
just if someone is interested. these are the parameters that worked for me to fit the rss image perfectly on the submenu bar for the ticker:
change the vertical position (posy) value to 621
and resize the image to 140 width and 53 height

greetz,

kian

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've attached replacement Home & BasicHome screens for Indigo (although they should work with Monochrome also).

The ticker is hidden if you've a player displayed (e.g. video playing in the small window bottom left).

One small request though - would it be possible to remove the final separator character from the end of the ticker?

Attachments

• BasicHome with RSS ticker.png
    BasicHome with RSS ticker.png
    153.8 KB
  • Home with RSS ticker.png
    Home with RSS ticker.png
    158.1 KB
  • BasicHome.xml
    30.6 KB
  • myHome.xml
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread