h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: HFX
Cooling: HFX
Power Supply: silvertone
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

I have the same symptoms and the same kind of logs than this unsolved issue : 0000950: Interference to DVB-T signal causes MP to stutter and then hang - MediaPortal Bugtracker
But with a little variation and for now a manual solution.
Maybe my workaround could enlight somebody for a real solution.

I have a dedicated server with all my TV cards (3 DVB-C, 3 DVB-T, 3 DVB-S) in the basement. And a gigabit wired lan.

When I watch live TV or watch a recording via rtsp on my client PC after sometimes there is a Stuttering problem.
When it appends, I can change channel or try to watch the recording against the live TV, or even quit MediaPortal and try VLC all rtsp trying stutter.

But when I Watch the recording via my video all is right. (obviously It's not a bad signal). It's enventually a solution but It seems that gibman abandon this way https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-avoiding-rtsp-multiseat-mode-test-plz-36735/

My manual working solution in this case is to unplug and replug quickly the RJ45 wire from the server on my gigabit switch. and all return to normal for another variable period of time

The problem seems to be more a network broadcast bottleneck for rstp packets than a TSReader/Writer problem.

I tried to work on my network card settings like force 1000/full, with or without flux control without any success.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi!

The "avoid rtsp" hack is still working, since I'm using it myself. HD stuff over rtsp using winsock1 lags like hell.

have u tried it ?

/gibman

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    I tried it yesterday evening but obviously I was too tired (maybe winter hour change lag ;))

I added the new entries in mediaportal.xml but I hadnt seen using rtsp mode:False in the log.

I will try it this evening after work. (hope with clearer brain)

Today It's a big day because we have now in my town 5 free HD channels on DVB-T :)

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    I try to set it up but with no success for now. :(

I post on your tread "avoid rtsp"

thanks

mbb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom