Run media portan on secondary display - full screen (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

How can I run media portal on secondary display in full screen mode.

best regards,

J

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Which graphics card do you use ?

You need to make that monitor/display have the primary overlay thus giving access to the hardware 3d acceleration that MP needs

A

Anonymous

To get Media Portal to run fullscreen on a secondary screen...

1st drag media portal across to that screen.
    2nd Maximise in that screen.
    3rd press alt+enter

That gets you Full screen + live TV + DVD's + music etc. If you do not maximise before alt+enter in your secondary display full screen will always goe to display 1.

BTW You cannot get Media Portal to run from startup maximised in display 2 (only display 1)

Regards
    JohnnyBoyMcD

I am using nVidia geforce card (basic $25 card), 1.6 GHz, 1G, AMD, XP

A

Anonymous

or you can use windows multi monitor display to make the tv the default display, and the monitor the secondary! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I appreciate that but the question was how to get full screen on your secondary screen not your primary.. :D

Your solution causes all apps/dialogs to start on your TV and if Media Portal is full screen they are hidden behind it.... including the task bar... :(

It also annoys the wife the next time she logs in! :roll: and you don’t want to do that!

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Search the forum. There are several threads explaining why this is impossible due to lack of support in DX by MS. Magic word: "Exclusive Mode"

A

Anonymous

JohnnyBoyMcD said:
    I appreciate that but the question was how to get full screen on your secondary screen not your primary.. :D

Your solution causes all apps/dialogs to start on your TV and if Media Portal is full screen they are hidden behind it.... including the task bar... :(

It also annoys the wife the next time she logs in! :roll: and you don’t want to do that!

no your right. sorry! :shock:

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    this is how mine's set up:

primary monitor: tv.
    secondary monitor (with extend... ticked): crt
    renderer: VMR9

i started the other way round but moving the MP window onto the TV and maximising would make things go really slow, mouse skipping about etc.
    this way, somehow, i still have the task bar and icons on the crt (secondary) monitor. start media portal in window, move it onto TV, fullscreen it (alt + enter). sure, some programs open on the TV display to start with but once you've moved them to the CRT once, it seems to remember opening them there. only thing stopping it being perfect is the MP maximise still makes the task/start bar dissapear. is there any way to stop that? i keep forgetting what time it is :?

EDIT: starting with just the crt enabled as primary monitor, i have to highlight the second monitor (in display properties > settings), tick extend my desktop... CLICK APPLY, then tick use this device as primary.. and hit apply again. if you do it in a different order then the task bar ends up on the TV display.

Users who are viewing this thread