Russian ID3 tag (1 Viewer)

NesterOFF

October 21, 2005
When this bug will be fixed?
I find some topic on this forum. Now I see russian chracters in menu (with editing file strings.xml). But russian ID3 tug in My Music is not show correctl.
I find patch wich help to fix yhis trouble?
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2276
but I can't compile MP. Why this fix not include in MP?
Maybe exist some different way to display russian ID3 tug correctly?

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi NesterOff,

I've just checked and this patch was submitted in the wrong format. I will need to look into it a little more and try to contact the orignal developer.

Until then if you have a Russian strings.xml file you could upload that (or place it on the web somewhere with a link here)

Cheers,

/James

alex_b

April 6, 2006
    Hi NesterOFF,

do russian tags work for you in the latest mediaportal release (0.2.0.0.RC3)?

I did manage to have unicode id3v1.1 or 2.3 loaded in the mediaportal but songname appears to be the only field populated correctly in the databases. Artists and albums are mixed up (f.e. songs from one artist are shown as the other artist's). Ogg wth russian characters are not reconized at all. I have english XP with russian for non-unicode programs.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Alex

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We're working on a new Tagreader, which should handle this. wait a bit and you should have a solution.
    In the meantime, it would help, if you could provide us with some sample files to test with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom